Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Model Railroading > N scale doublestack car for $1000 ? ? ?

Date: 03/25/07 20:50
N scale doublestack car for $1000 ? ? ?
Author: SPSF

I'm not a big follower of N scale - But the lister of the auction claims this to be rare?
What's the deal?
http://cgi.ebay.com/N-Scale-PWRS-CN-Brampton-Intermodal-Container_W0QQitemZ280097793040QQcategoryZ486QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Date: 03/25/07 21:01
Re: N scale doublestack car for $1000 ? ? ?
Author: MrMRL

Well, now thanks to the lister's super-sized photos of the container we can print out our very own one of a kind container, it's only about .5" x 2" in size, geez.

Robby F. (Mr. MRL)

Date: 03/25/07 21:40
Author: wlankenau

Reading the copy here at o-dark thirty it sounds like he's just selling the ONE container. Showing the well car (no trucks?) with both containers he mentions is a little confusing.

Date: 03/25/07 22:04
Author: tinytrains

It is a 2 container set made to order for CN. There were 200 sets made for CN and not sold in stores. PWRS had a few left they sold for $500 a set (still absurd).

PWRS Link:

http://www.pacific-western-rail.com/view_product.php?ProductID=39862

BTW, I believe these are the folks who started the whole UP licensing mess with a car tagged We Will Deliver "pay cuts" that UP found.

Scott

Date: 03/25/07 23:13
Author: NH2006

One might think it rare to find someone to pay such an outlandish price...so the test will be to see if rare meets rare.

Sometimes, there are more dollars than sense, as my mother says...

Date: 03/25/07 23:40
Author: Almondjoy

Wow, I just looked at it. I never thought I would see one of those. If I had the money, I would pop for it. For those people who collect PWRS stuff, this is the Holy Grail. Wonder where the hell he found it?

Date: 03/26/07 06:22
Author: csxt4617

I love this line:
"I strongly recommend you rathole this somewhere and never run it. Well, maybe a little just for shock value. Send me video of the looks on the guys faces when this one rolls by"

yeah, when you tell them how much you paid for it, you'll see some real shock ;)

Date: 03/26/07 08:49
Author: wlankenau

I understand that Micro-Trains cars are very collectible, too. Do they go for comparable prices?

Date: 03/26/07 14:32
Author: Bryan_

> BTW, I believe these are the folks who started the
> whole UP licensing mess with a car tagged We Will
> Deliver "pay cuts" that UP found.

I used to buy a lot from them, but when they sent an ad out for a vandalism as art car I told them to remove me from their mailing list and don't email me anything again.

Date: 03/26/07 14:37
Author: Bryan_

> I understand that Micro-Trains cars are very
> collectible, too. Do they go for comparable
> prices?

Sadly, not the ones I have sold.

Maybe I need to start adding the word "rare".

Date: 03/26/07 20:02
Author: Almondjoy

Bryan_ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > BTW, I believe these are the folks who started
> the
> > whole UP licensing mess with a car tagged We
> Will
> > Deliver "pay cuts" that UP found.
>
> I used to buy a lot from them, but when they sent
> an ad out for a vandalism as art car I told them
> to remove me from their mailing list and don't
> email me anything again.

I understand you thoughts...but the reason that they did that, is that in one instance, they were trying to EXACTLY duplicate a train...A UP grain train, to be exact. I have that train....as far as the other stuff...it's just part of the scenery out there...I guess...why not try to make a buck if you can?? Not like no one else is doing the same thing...

Date: 03/27/07 06:10
Author: tmotor2

wlankenau Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I understand that Micro-Trains cars are very
> collectible, too. Do they go for comparable
> prices?

I remember my LHS, which also has a large presence on the internet, sold a one of a kind MT boxcar for $4000.00. All seems crazy to me but obviously there are buyers out there for just about anything and everything.

Joel

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds