Home Open Account Help 235 users online

Model Railroading > NTS PICS

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 07/27/07 19:52
NTS PICS
Author: dcmkris

OK first I'll admit with a small handheld Kodak digital camera these are not the best, but for those of you who can't travel to the show hope these help. Sorry to the other gauges but I'm an HO person so my PIC's are of HO.

The suprise of the day for me a Milwaukee Road man, was the Walthers rib side caboose.

So without further babbeling here are some of the finds today.

First up Walthers Milwaukee Road Milwaukee, WI station & train shed.

Date: 07/27/07 20:00
Re: NTS PICS

Walthers Milwaukee Road Rib Side Bay Window Caboose. Although the road number Walther's used is for the first 75 cars built in 1939, I believe after looking at the Walther's model it's designed after the second batch made of 25 built in 1940. Differences include AB brake instead of K brakes, and the location of the external door for the heating oil.

I could be wrong, and if I am please feel free to point it out to me. I would have asked the Walther's guy but, the display sign had more info to give than he did!

BTW:

Price $34.95
Stock #932-7661
Release Date:Winter 07-08

Date: 07/27/07 20:02

Continuing on the Milwaukee Road theme.

One of the Hiawatha Coaches, and the Proto 2000 F-7A. After seeing these in person I think I like them better than the Athearn Genesis F's.

Date: 07/27/07 20:03

Kato USA Amtrak Super-liner. These way out do the Walther's ones IMHO! I have a PIC of the material handling car, but it was undec, so I did not put it up, if you want to see it let me know.

Date: 07/27/07 20:05

Athearn F-45 & FP-45's, all I can say is WOW! Sorry these PICS are not better, but they look amazing!

Date: 07/27/07 20:05

Athearn FP45 Dynamic brake grid fan detail shot.

Date: 07/27/07 20:07

Branchline Trains Cannan Station. This model was absolutely stunning! Almost makes me want to find a home for it on my layout!

Date: 07/27/07 20:09

Wright Trak Railroad Models

Louisville & Nashville bay window caboose.

Norfolk & Western C-17 Caboose (Aerodynamic Coupala)

Date: 07/27/07 20:11

Design Tech Models

Denver Rio Grande & Western end coupla caboose. This is a resin model with a ton of detail. The etch parts even include numbers for the side of the caboose.

Date: 07/27/07 20:13

Last one Funaro & Camerlengo, Mckeen car. This looked great not sure what you would use for an underframe, but at $30.00 this is one I will definitely buy! They are taking orders now, not sure if they are out or not.

Date: 07/27/07 20:16
Author: CR4122

Is there any truth to the post below that Athearn announced an SD60M?

Date: 07/27/07 20:37

Ya know there were 4 SD's sitting on the top shelf. Of course like an idiot I didn't take one PIC....DOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my best Homer Simpson voice.

These units were all undec, and had no signs on them. Now that I think of it they did look like 60M's, but don't quote me on that. The Athearn people were very friendly, and helpfull but alas I didn't ask about those units since it was so busy, and my one track mind could only think of the Milwaukee Road MP15 & FP45's.

Sorry!

Date: 07/27/07 21:06
Author: Telus6429

I plan on going tomorrow after work. I work till noon, and then head over to the USA. I just got a new Nikon Coolpix P5000, 10.0mp, so it will be good for me to test drive it at the show.

Telus6429
Ian
Windsor, Ontario
http://www.trainweb.org/swontariotrain/index.html
http://www.trainweb.org/wmrc/index.html

Date: 07/27/07 21:39

Ian, When you go tomorrow could you take some pic's of the Bachman shark nose units, and the Con cor M10000 prototype I forgot to take pic's of them along with the SD60M's.
Thanks Kris

Date: 07/27/07 22:13
Author: bioyans

C'mon Athearn, get that steam generator equipment off the roof of that Superfleet-era FP45! Santa Fe removed all that stuff long before they were repainted in red and silver!

Date: 07/27/07 22:22
Author: ESPEE5318

It is common for Athearn to install all the extra stuff on there pre-production/testshot shells just to check that everything fits etc. Joe

Date: 07/28/07 02:36
Author: tracktime

Excellent Pics! Thanks Kris!

Best Regards,
Harry

Date: 07/28/07 03:20
Author: Tony_Cook

dcmkris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kato USA Amtrak Super-liner. These way out do the
> Walther's ones IMHO! I have a PIC of the material
> handling car, but it was undec, so I did not put
> it up, if you want to see it let me know.

I'd like see Kato's Ambox Material Handling Car, if you've got a pic.

Also would like to see pics of Bachmann's new Berkshire; Sharks; and E60CP Electrics!

Thanks

Date: 07/28/07 10:05
Author: swsf

bioyans Wrote:
> C'mon Athearn, get that steam generator equipment
> off the roof of that Superfleet-era FP45! Santa
> Fe removed all that stuff long before they were
> repainted in red and silver!

Athearn typically releases early versions first, with newer versions in subsequent releases. In fact, the announced release, based on the cab numbers, is for pre 1970s era. Eventually I expect they will do exactly as you are suggesting.

Date: 07/28/07 10:22
Author: bioyans

swsf Wrote:

> Athearn typically releases early versions first,
> with newer versions in subsequent releases. In
> fact, the announced release, based on the cab
> numbers, is for pre 1970s era. Eventually I expect
> they will do exactly as you are suggesting.

Yes, but look at the pics of the preproduction FP45. The original FP45's didn't have the raised numberboards, air conditioners, antenna platforms (such as the EOT), and relocated horns. Those are all Superfleet-era details on the undec model!

I realize it's only a preproduction demo, but I hope they don't include the steam generator stuff on the lastest versions.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.057 seconds