Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Model Railroading > NMRA Show Detroit Pictures

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 07/28/07 16:18
NMRA Show Detroit Pictures
Author: Telus6429

Well after spending an afternoon at the train show, after working this morning, and fighting border traffic going over for 30 minutes, I would have to say it was well worth the trip. I took about 400 pictures at the show, most of which were of products on display, and the layouts. Here is a few pictures my web page I created for the show.

Edit: http://www.trainweb.org/wmrc/NMRA2007/NMRA2007.html
This is a faster page, since the views were a little higher than I expected. also had to removed temporary some of my other pictures to make room for these to show everyone.

Telus6429
Ian
Windsor, Ontario
http://www.trainweb.org/swontariotrain/index.html
http://www.trainweb.org/wmrc/index.html

Date: 07/28/07 17:42
Re: NMRA Show Detroit Pictures
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Thanks for posting.

I think the MP15 is going to be a big, big hit for Athearn.

Wonder if they will offer it with sound?

Date: 07/28/07 18:22
Author: barrydraper

ArgyleEagle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for posting.
>
> I think the MP15 is going to be a big, big hit for
> Athearn.
>
> Wonder if they will offer it with sound?

If its MRC sound decoders I'll take a non-sound unit and add a good sound decoder, thank you. Same as I'm doing on my F45's and FP45, those will get a Loksound since I like ESU's EMD 645 sound.

Barry Draper

Date: 07/28/07 18:31
Author: ESPEE5318

Ditto on what Barry said.....MRC decoders stink....Joe

Date: 07/28/07 19:49
Author: Mgoldman

Rapido's Turbo is looking goooood!

Date: 07/28/07 20:44
Author: shadow

Anything new on the Alco front?
John W.

Date: 07/28/07 21:06
Author: unit

Looks like the first picture above at the Athearn booth shows one of the former A-Line 45' Fruehauf trailers in the background. It can be identified by the 5' extension applied near the back. Great to see they are already showing these off, and I hope they don't take too long to show up in stores.

Date: 07/29/07 04:34
Author: cambyjunction

Many thanks for posting all the pictures for the show. Not being able to attend, it is great to see everything and not have to fight the crowds. Again thanks.
Richard

Date: 07/29/07 09:25
Author: TCnR

Great photos, thanks for taking the time to post them all.
F45's look great.

Date: 07/29/07 12:50
Author: TopcoatSmith

I stopped at the 120 photo mark , how many did I miss ?

TCS - like them oil derricks too, who's ?

Date: 07/29/07 12:53
Author: TCnR

The Southern Car and Foundry head-end cars were about #200 give or take fifty. Lots of modular scenes near the end.

Date: 07/29/07 21:48
Author: Finderskeepers

TopcoatSmith Wrote:
> I stopped at the 120 photo mark , how many did I
> miss ?
>
>
> TCS - like them oil derricks too, who's ?

Almost 300 more.
Did anyone else notice the new Canadian National 4-8-4's??

Date: 07/30/07 02:20
Author: tunnelmotor

Thanks for posting the link to your photo site. Unless I am mistaken, and I may have missed something or indeed got this wrong, but are those SD60Ms on the top two shelves of the Athearn cabinet in photo DSCN0015? And not wishing to start any rumours either. Can anyone confirm or comment on what I think I am seeing?

Date: 07/30/07 10:18
Author: tracktime

Hi Ian,

Kudos to you and to all those who have posted new product photos from the 2007 NMRA National Train Show! Great stuff.. and Thanks for taking the time to take the photos, upload them and to share them with us on the web. I and thousands of others greatly appreciate your efforts.

Best Regards,
Harry Wong

Date: 07/30/07 11:57
Author: MrMRL

tracktime Wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> Kudos to you and to all those who have posted new
> product photos from the 2007 NMRA National Train
> Show! Great stuff.. and Thanks for taking the
> time to take the photos, upload them and to share
> them with us on the web. I and thousands of
> others greatly appreciate your efforts.
>
> Best Regards,
> Harry Wong

It will be our turn next year at the 2008 NMRA show in Anaheim, CA.

Mr. MRL - oh boy, oh boy oh boy...

Date: 07/30/07 14:55
Author: foamer

I don't know why everybody is so impressed that Athearn is showing a preproduction MP15AC, when they showed this same preproduction MP15 almost two years ago. And still can't get any into the hobby shops. The FP45 looks good, looks like it might have prototype details.

Not like they heve been doing on R2R models and just reusing parts.

Foamer

Date: 07/31/07 10:29
Author: Betsy

foamer Wrote:
> I don't know why everybody is so impressed that
> Athearn is showing a preproduction MP15AC, when
> they showed this same preproduction MP15 almost
> two years ago. And still can't get any into the
> hobby shops. The FP45 looks good, looks like it
> might have prototype details.

As does the MP15AC. Athearn and T55 are the only manufacturers adding RR-specific details to their plastic diesels. Not Atlas, not BLI, and not P2K - though Walthers may change the latter. The MP15AC shown 2 years ago was only the shell. This year, they displayed a complete model, drive, interior cab detail, etched details, and apparently some underframe and pilot detail as well. I'm astonished at the level of detail and the improvements since 2005. No other manufacturer comes close, even in brass.
>
> Not like they heve been doing on R2R models and
> just reusing parts.

In the past year, I've bought 2 undecorated RTR SD40s and 2 SP-version GP40Xs. I have no use for the RPP shells, but the number of new parts made for these models is considerable, and the detail is first rate. In fact, it tends to highlight the poor original quality of the RPP tooling. Athearn does their homework, seeks input from knowledgeable modelers, and only rarely makes a small goof. And even then they will fix a goof. Now, I'd rather Athearn had made all-new GP35s, SD40s, GP40Xs, and SD45s, but really, my biggest complaint is they're moving too fast and my budget and modeling time can't begin to keep up. Some people just like to complain I guess...

Date: 07/31/07 12:03
Author: foamer

I agree that the SP GP40Xs are very nice. But the BNSF ones use this funky air pipe on top of the cab that comes from nowhere and goes to nowhere. It looks like a re use of the pipe on the SD45T-2s. Putting details that don't need to be there just to make it look more detailed.

Also they go to the trouble to do a high nose GP40X in Southern, but the nose is the wrong length.

On the BNSF SD40s they left high headlights although the real ones have low headlights. The logo one the nose is too large to even add the nose headlight youself.

I am not bashing Athearn, I have alot of Athearn engines. I just realize their flaws and do not pray to them as some people do on here. They are still a good starting point, but they still need work.

If you notice ever since a certain two individuals went to work for Athearn, they do alot more SP and MILW prototypes. And they do them right. But the other roadnames get generic details.

Flamer

Date: 07/31/07 13:51
Author: tracktime

foamer Wrote:
> Also they go to the trouble to do a high nose
> GP40X in Southern, but the nose is the wrong
> length.

Athearn took the trouble to address this issue by correcting the length of the high nose in the latest run of NS GP40Xs. They didn't have to do that, but they did.

>
> If you notice ever since a certain two individuals
> went to work for Athearn, they do alot more SP and
> MILW prototypes. And they do them right. But the
> other roadnames get generic details.
>

Generic details for other road names? Like an all-new shell and fuel tank which is SPECIFIC for the EL/CR SD45-2? Need I mention the Alaska SD70MAC?

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 07/31/07 15:16
Author: TopcoatSmith

Thanks for the speed-up Ian, finally found time to blaze through 'em all.

Some mighty crunchy stuff there, my bank account is gonna be like Betsy's at this rate.

TCS - poof there it goes (as he wonders how hard it'd be to convert the M-10000 to the 10002)

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0802 seconds