Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Model Railroading > New marketing plan for KD freight cars?

Date: 01/22/08 19:27
New marketing plan for KD freight cars?
Author: rschonfelder

I just received the first car I ever ordered from KD direct. Having said that, let me assure you I have purchased plenty of their product already in the form of the PS-1 and 2's but these came from my LHS or Mail Order. It came to me without any problem.

It seems to me that KD is shifting to almost a subscription service for any new announcements. This service is reminiscent of a Franklin Mint type of marketing arrangement. Having missed out a couple of releases through ordering from my LHS, I realised from a website visit, that everything is now made to order and if the LHS (as mine does) likes to save up their orders and submit everything at once after 6-8 weeks then you are going to miss out. Under the current situation, it seems that every car released is immediately sold out.

Having said this, I am living overseas but I am wondering if you guys still can get KD freight cars through your LHS without exception? or are you finding it easier to order direct.

Rick

Date: 01/23/08 14:55
Re: New marketing plan for KD freight cars?
Author: grahamline

I get a monthly e-mail flyer from Kadee. There's a request link somewhere on their Web site. If I see something I like, my LHS adds it to their order.
I agree it's pretty annoying that items can come and go without you being aware of them. I'm already socking away some cash for the modernized 50-footers this summer.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds