Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Model Railroading > New Importer

Date: 03/12/08 13:29
New Importer
Author: Red_over_Yellow

A good friend and I have embarked on an adventure to import brass models. Our objective is to produce models that are not likely to be produced by other manufacturers both brass or plastic. We are going to be focused, first on some passenger cars and trains and then the motive power that pulled them. Our first models will be of 60's era SP passenger cars. Two sets will be offered the first replicating a mid '60s Coast Daylight the other replicating a mid 60's San Joaquin daylight. These trains both found many variations during the declining years of passenger service on the SP due to seasonality and we are offering each car separately so the modeler can add or vary the consist. The 60's saw dramatic change in the SP passenger car fleet. Most cars had fluting and skirts removed and roller bearing axles were the norm. We will also be offering some of the cars in Phase 1 Amtrak paint to accommodate the early Amtrak modelers. The SDP45 will be our first diesel project. Five SP variations will cover the evolution of these locomotives. We are fortunate to have Boo Rim Precision as our manufacturer. Boo Rim builds some of the finest brass models on earth. We will be selling through the traditional brass dealer and hobby shop channel. Dealers will be receiving notifications shortly on how to add our models to their catalog. All models under consideration currently, will be HO scale. Thanks for looking.

Ed

union-terminal-imports.com

the photos are representative of the trains we are producing and are copyrighted by Drew Jacksich

Date: 03/12/08 13:49
Re: New Importer
Author: rugbytown

Interesting.

Will you be looking into more modern era products? Caltrains gallery cars and F40PH-2CAT's spring to mind as do their ACE counterparts.

Rugby
UK

Date: 03/12/08 14:01
Author: tburzio

Great to see new N Scale brass models being imported!

Date: 03/12/08 14:04
Author: PROPULDUDE

Where did it say N scale?

Date: 03/12/08 14:35
Author: nikon1

Please consider producing Hybrid models-Brass shell and plastic underframe to help keep the cost more affordable. I'm dreading paying for CY's WB Strong when release. I thought 420.00 for Overlands ATSF Budd full dome 60 was a lot.

Charlie

Date: 03/12/08 15:22

Sorry for the confusion. Models are HO scale.

Date: 03/12/08 15:35
Author: UPED

tburzio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great to see new N Scale brass models being
> imported!

I read the text twice, even between the lines, and could not find anything saying what scale it is.
Maybe it's 12" to the foot.
Would be nice though if it were HO scale.

Date: 03/12/08 17:28
Author: coaldrag

"...... All models under consideration currently, will be HO scale. Thanks for looking."

It was clear to me ......

Date: 03/12/08 18:45
Author: brfriedm

Good luck Ed! Happy sails. :)

Your website looks great and well done. You have a good manangement team also. I work in the Telecom business now.

Here is a picture from your website for everyone to see of your sample HO SP SDP45.

Bruce

Date: 03/12/08 19:17

Many Thanks Bruce

Many improvements will be included on the production models. More details in a few weeks on the web site. We are going to do our best to forecast as accurate as possible on delivery dates.

Date: 03/12/08 19:31
Author: UPED

coaldrag Wrote:
> "...... All models under consideration currently,
> will be HO scale. Thanks for looking."
>
> It was clear to me ......

They added the scale after, look for the 2 edit captions after my post.

Good luck Ed.
If you really want to chum a crowd, show your models (if you can get a pilot by then) at the Southern Pacific Historical and Technical society's meeting this October in Bakersfield.
By the way is that your SDP45 model or a previously imported model?
Ed

Date: 03/12/08 19:39
Author: nikon1

The pilot model looks amazing. I just might have to bite the bullet and reserve a model of 3201 post Kodachrome up to retirement. Any idea's as to price at this time?

Charlie.

Date: 03/12/08 20:00

Hi Ed

We should have pilot models a month or two before the SPHTS meet. Thanks for you interest.

UPED Wrote:
> coaldrag Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "...... All models under consideration
> currently,
> > will be HO scale. Thanks for looking."
> >
> > It was clear to me ......
>
> They added the scale after, look for the 2 edit
> captions after my post.
>
> Good luck Ed.
> If you really want to chum a crowd, show your
> models (if you can get a pilot by then) at the
> Southern Pacific Historical and Technical
> society's meeting this October in Bakersfield.
> By the way is that your SDP45 model or a
> previously imported model?
> Ed

Date: 03/12/08 20:45
Author: xtra1188w

I'd be more interested if you were doing Rio Grande passenger trains, broad gauge type of course. MoP Eagles would be cool too.

Con

Date: 03/12/08 20:53

Hello Con

Division Point has announced the Prospector and the Yampa Valley Mail cars and trains and we don't want to infringe on them. We are looking at Colorado Eagle and other MOP trains in solid blue/de-skirted versions. More to come in the coming months with what our next projects will be.

Date: 03/13/08 22:26
Author: NH2006

UPED Wrote:
> coaldrag Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "...... All models under consideration
> currently,
> > will be HO scale. Thanks for looking."
> >
> > It was clear to me ......
>
> They added the scale after, look for the 2 edit
> captions after my post.

Damn.

Date: 03/14/08 08:19
Author: WAF

Coach Yard and Soho have done a lot of the cars over the years. Perhaps the only one they haven't done was a smooth side round end observation in s/s/s and red. Certainly the smooth side articulated chair cars will be most welcome

Date: 03/14/08 09:03

Coach Yard has done a few of the cars in their as delivered form (with fluting, and original AC components). Can't really compare the Soho models due to crude bodies and no underbody detail. These cars will have full underbody detail, smooth rolling trucks, operating brass diaphragms, interior, LED based lighting and superb factory finishing. Thanks

Ed

Date: 03/14/08 12:26
Author: NGotwalt

I would definately tell you to look into some of the more unique PRR equipment, while I have a passing interest in the PRR, I know people who model it out right and they are probably the most fanatical modelers you will ever see, as this forum as a west coast slant you see a lot of SP on here, but the PRR modelers are just as nuts if not more so. Personally I would ask for you to look at the D&RGW (heavyweight PAX cars).
Cheers,
Nick

Date: 03/14/08 12:41

Thanks Nick

We have heard from many PRR fans and know there is a need for a number of the classic streamline trains as well as later in life modified equipment. Sneak peak into our most likely next passenger car offering will include some Pennsy light weight cars. We are working on producing lightweight Pullman transcon pool sleepers for many road names. These cars were part of transcontinental pooling agreements between the different Eastern and Western roads and could be seen bringing up the rear of many classic streamliners. Western road owned cars in the East and Eastern road owned cars in the West. We are looking at around 10 variations of these interesting cars to supplement many modeler's existing streamline trains. Stay tuned to the web site for more updates.....

Ed

NGotwalt Wrote:
> I would definately tell you to look into some of
> the more unique PRR equipment, while I have a
> passing interest in the PRR, I know people who
> model it out right and they are probably the most
> fanatical modelers you will ever see, as this
> forum as a west coast slant you see a lot of SP on
> here, but the PRR modelers are just as nuts if not
> more so. Personally I would ask for you to look at
> the D&RGW (heavyweight PAX cars).
> Cheers,
> Nick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0963 seconds