Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Model Railroading > Bachmann doodlebug shell removal

Date: 07/13/08 11:53
Bachmann doodlebug shell removal
Author: bnsfsd70

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone here has figured out how to remove the shell from a Bachmann HO doodlebug. My Dad and I are both doing all we can, and can't figure it out. I've got to say, it's a humbling experience.

Thanks, Jeff

Date: 07/13/08 12:08
Re: Bachmann doodlebug shell removal
Author: buckeyestation

Tried, but had trouble. The shell is glued to the chassis, the roof can be removed with a thin knife blade or single edge razor blade, with roof removed an eight pin NMRA socket is available to
install a decoder.

Date: 07/13/08 12:09
Author: buckeyestation

bnsfsd70 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, I'm wondering if anyone here has figured out
> how to remove the shell from a Bachmann HO
> doodlebug. My Dad and I are both doing all we
> can, and can't figure it out. I've got to say,
> it's a humbling experience.
>
> Thanks, Jeff

Date: 07/13/08 12:14
Author: wabash2800

It sounds like removing the roof will get you what you want.

However, others have posted that if they put a car in the freezer that the glue joints can be popped.

But you know, I might be leery about putting a doodlebug in there with circuit board, motor etc.

Date: 07/13/08 20:17
Author: tymbomb

I did a decoder installation in my doodlebug 6-7 years ago and was able to remove the body without having to break any glued areas. The secret was to slide a number of thin plastic strips between the body and the chassis (somewhere above a dozen) and slowly work the body away from the chassis. I can't remember the exact spots and no longer have the doodlebug so I can't look at it to tell you where to inster the strips, but I can tell you it was possible.

This question seems to get asked on the Bachmann Board every 3-4 months and I remember someone once documented how to do this with a series of pictures.

Date: 07/13/08 21:52
Author: ATSF429

Funny on mine a never had any of these problems. Mine came right off.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds