Home Open Account Help 258 users online

Model Railroading > Hobby Lobby and MR Supplies

Date: 06/09/10 18:40
Hobby Lobby and MR Supplies
Author: BlackWidow

Hobby Lobby has always had a small selection of railroad supplies. Things like Woodland Scenics items and other scenery items for the most part. They must be getting out of that business, because in recent weeks, the prices for these supplies has been continually dropping. I just paid 20 to 30 cents on the dollar for a bunch of Woodland Scenics stuff and JL Innovations detail parts. If you are in need of scenery supplies, get out to your local Hobby Lobby and take a look!

Date: 06/09/10 20:23
Re: Hobby Lobby and MR Supplies
Author: wabash2800

Well, I hope they still stock the tools and scratchbuilding supplies that even my local hobby shop doesn't carry.

Date: 06/09/10 22:57
Author: HB90MACH

They are ope a new store in Easton PA soon

Date: 06/09/10 22:57
Author: HB90MACH

*openning

Date: 06/10/10 09:48
Author: toledopatch

> *openning

**opening

;)

Date: 06/10/10 16:11
Author: rehunn

The Omaha area stores have zero Evergreen or Plastruct, very little
scale lumber, a declining amount of scenery materials, and near none
railroad oriented paints. The Hobbytown stores are hit and miss but
a couple seem to still b e strong in plastic, tools and paint. I've
gone through six stores including hobby shops and Hobbytown to find
five sheets of Evergreen 125 Board and Batten.

Date: 06/10/10 18:40
Author: BlackWidow

Went to two other Hobby Lobbies in the Houston area (The Fountains in Stafford and Meyerland) and they had nothing left - their stores were already reorganized. Went to Rosenberg and hit the mother lode. Picked up Woodland Scenics Scenic Accent figures for #3.95, regular $11.99. Woodland Scenics assembled trees for $10.99, normally $29.99. Spent about $100 on stuff that would have been $250 to $300. I am lucky because I am in the stage of my layout where I am using items like that. If you live in the Houston area and need scenic items, go check it out!

Date: 06/10/10 20:26

Well, the computer said they aren't selling so...

Date: 06/11/10 15:13

The computer failed to mention that zero inventory often leads to zero sales.

Date: 06/11/10 17:35

Yes, but you can't expect a retailer to hold inventory for an exorbitant amount of time that doesn't sell or has very slow inventory turns. Hey, they tried.

rehunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The computer failed to mention that zero inventory
> often leads to zero sales.

Date: 06/12/10 19:05

I dunno, did they?? Hobby Lobby has been a something-or-the-other looking for a purpose and
a reason for some time. It lacked the identity of a hobby shop and further did little to further that
cause. I needed some more plastic to finish up my lumber mill and the Hobbytown had already
restocked from what I used a week or so ago. They don't seem to have any dilemma having
inventory, for that matter my principal employer has a similar outlook. If you promote it and it
sells than stock it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds