Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Model Railroading > Pink or Blue Rigid Insulation?

Date: 11/13/10 19:48
Pink or Blue Rigid Insulation?
Author: dumfast

Howdy!...Anyone know where to get the 4'x8' sheets of extruded pink or blue rigid insulation in the So Cal area?..Around Anaheim....Thanks!

Date: 11/13/10 20:20
Re: Pink or Blue Rigid Insulation?
Author: tedstrains

I get mine at Home Depot

Date: 11/13/10 20:46
Author: video7105

Yes, I have seen it at Home Depot back here n the east also

Dave

Date: 11/13/10 21:51
Author: COFLZephyr

In warm climates this can be tough to find (for some reason I fail to understand). It is not sold in Home Depot or Lowes in most of FLorida. In St. Petersburg the only place you can get 2" high density foam board is through Gator Gypsum, a drywall supply house. You might try the drywall supply companies in your area. Possibly Lowes or HD could special order it but it could get costly. If you contact Dow (the blue foam board people) they might be able to give you the name of a wholesaler in the area the handles it.

Date: 11/13/10 22:18
Author: PHall

Actually, you can find it here in SoCal because the insulation also keeps the cool in the house too.
We usually insulate around here to help keep our cooling bills low.

Date: 11/14/10 08:00
Author: atsf5704

Around Anaheim, the Home Depot on Lincoln in Cypress has pink foam in 4' x 8' sheets in the lumber section, on the end of the very last rack to the far right as you enter the store, all the way in the back corner as of yesterday.

Date: 11/14/10 08:18
Author: COFLZephyr

Finding in Southern CA because insulation is insulation and it works both ways (Cold in Heat out and vise versa) but finding it here in FL is nearly impossible for unknown reason. In the greater Tampa Bay there are only a couple of places that carry it and they are typically not "retail" but wholesalers for contractors. Have never been able to understand why it is not used in these parts for insulation.

Date: 11/14/10 10:25
Author: swsf

COFLZephyr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but finding it here in FL is
> nearly impossible for unknown reason. In the
> greater Tampa Bay there are only a couple of
> places that carry it and they are typically not
> "retail" but wholesalers for contractors. Have
> never been able to understand why it is not used
> in these parts for insulation.

Perhaps it's because in Florida the bugs are so big they could easily kick a hole through the stuff? :-) My wife used to live in Miami and tells some interesting stories about encounters with 'potato' bugs.

Date: 11/14/10 15:01
Author: dumfast

Thanks atsf5704 and everyone else...Went to the Cypress Home Depot and got a couple sheets of the 2" ...Will remember that for the future as the Lowes and Homy Depot around me don't carry it...Thanks again

Date: 11/14/10 17:17
Author: rehunn

Duh! That's because it doesn't come in bulletproof!!!

Date: 11/24/10 14:16
Author: trainjunkie

I had a hard time consistently finding either the "pinkboard" (Owens Corning) or "blueboard" (Dow) insulation board here is So Cal until I found this place:

Insulation Wholesalers
832 Towne Center Dr
Pomona, CA 91767
(909) 624-6335

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds