Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Model Railroading > Walthers/Proto ATSF Warbonnet F7's

Date: 05/14/12 00:03
Walthers/Proto ATSF Warbonnet F7's
Author: oilcan

Compared to the Athearn Genesis units, the red paint on these seems too dark. Which one is correct? Looking at photos it seems Athearn got the paint right, but Walthers almost seems like a candy apple shade. Anyone else noticed this?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/14/12 04:04
Re: Walthers/Proto ATSF Warbonnet F7's
Author: acltrainman

Walthers really missed the red color on this one. The red is way to dark, Athearn hit it out of the park on their red. Sure gald I had the Athearn units and didn't order any Walthers ATSF in the wrong color red.
Stan

Date: 05/14/12 05:58
Author: theACe

The sound is way to low also, I will have to program my stores set sometime.

The red is WAY to dark, and the detail parts all spin around because they were not glued in.

Bleh.

The lighting is SPOT on however, excluding the rear light housings in the parts bag....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/12 05:59 by theACe.

Date: 05/14/12 14:33
Author: trainmin

Perhaps they'll do another run with a more accurate color match. I own both and the Proto 2000 running qualities are much better than the Genesis.

Date: 05/14/12 18:53
Author: Notch16

For comparison: Athearn at a slight overhead angle, Walthers from the side. There may be more intense variation because of the photographic reproduction and lighting. On the digital page, the Athearn unit looks a little light, but in person, not at all.

My eyes were blessed enough to feast on the real thing, countless times, in the wonder years before Amtrak. And both eyes still agree that Athearn seems to have captured the red quite well.

~ BZ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds