Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Model Railroading > Digitrax and a computer?

Date: 07/20/12 10:05
Digitrax and a computer?
Author: CR4103

Ok i did a search for this and really found nothing that helps, so ill ask some experts.

Ok first off i have a dcs 200 system on my little n scale layout. Now i am intrested in anybodys experience getting the ms-100 interface and using the jmri programs. I dont need help getting started, i am intrested in hearing how easy and how well do the systems work together. Also is there any worrys hooking the command station to a computer?

Thanks
Scott

Posted from Android

Date: 07/20/12 11:20
Re: Digitrax and a computer?
Author: brfriedm

Do u own the MS100? or r u buying one? If not, do not buy one as they are very old. I would buy the Digitrax PR3 or the Locobuffer II USB. Which operating system are u using?

Bruce

Date: 07/20/12 12:01
Author: Casselton

I would go with the USB Loco Buffer II. I use it with a Digitrax Chief.

Date: 07/20/12 12:24

Windows xp2000 on an old ibm thinkpad so i want the loco buffer then? Havent bought anything yet. And dont do sound.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/20/12 14:49
Author: sou2601

I have a DCS50 Zephyr, and a Digitrax PR3 attached via USB to my computer running Vista. I mainly got the PR3 to help with programming decoders, but have played around some with the JMRI software. It was actually very easy to set it up to control the Tortoise switch machines I have using my PC. I drew a simple representation of my layout in JMRI, and assigned each turnout to the particular address on the for each switch machine, which there are 4 hooked up to a DS44.

Date: 07/20/12 15:20

Ok all good info thanks for the help. Ill see how it goes.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/22/12 05:38
Author: brfriedm

I would go with the Digitrax PR3. It can connect to the Loconet and also has a separate connection for a programming track for programming DCC decoders or sound units. It also has a built in booster for that track. Good value and as far as I know, it supports your OS. The PR3's have been having some issues with later versions of Win 7.

http://www.digitrax.com/products/computer-control/pr3/

Bruce

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.049 seconds