Home Open Account Help 183 users online

Model Railroading > InterMountain Paducah GP10 in HO

Date: 11/09/12 14:02
InterMountain Paducah GP10 in HO
Author: Tony_Cook

InterMountain Railway surprises with announcement of an all-new tooling HO-scale IC/ICG Paducah GP10!

More info: http://www.modelrailroadnews.com/TrainFest_Nov2012.html

Date: 11/09/12 14:17
Re: InterMountain Paducah GP10 in HO
Author: Sasquatch

Oh man...there goes my allowance!

Thanks for the heads-up Tony.

--Tom

Date: 11/09/12 14:41
Author: icancmp193

Just when I was thinking of cutting back.

Tom Y

Date: 11/09/12 14:51
Author: hartrick24

Thanks Tony, for all of your always fast info.Steve (up6553)

Date: 11/09/12 16:23
Author: Dilworth

how about bn version of the gp10

Date: 11/09/12 17:02
Author: alco539

AWESOME...AWESOME...AWESOME...!!!

Date: 11/09/12 18:02
Author: JoppaSub

Hope to get pix tomorrow if they have samples!!

Posted from iPhone

Thomas Austin
Centralia, IL
Joppa Sub Layout Site

Date: 11/09/12 18:30
Author: highgreengraphics

About D--- time! I have been harping about modular Geeps for a long time, so many variations and specific details could be done. I thought Athearn was going that route, then they sat on their hands and keep coming out with the same tired old thing, the Proto 2000 line was closer, even doing some variations, then they stopped while Walthers sleeps. And Atlas can't, at least not with their current Geep, a very good and rugged runner, but it is mainly cast in a solid piece above the running boards. Intermountain will get a lot of my disposable income if they would do rebuilds with their cab and nose variations, air filter variations, turbo variations, fuel tank, headlight and fan variations, and put NOT as-delivered latter-day paint schemes on them! Lookin' great so far, I have been looking for a couple of these in non-ICG IC and CC for a long time. === === = === JLH

Date: 11/09/12 19:43
Author: RuleG

Wow, that's great!

Date: 11/09/12 19:55
Author: fbe

I sure hope they do one of the Precision National units in green and yellow. They were built at Paducah as well.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 11/09/12 20:45
Author: bnsfsd70

Be strong, Jeff. Be strong. I don't need these, they're out of my era. I don't need these...

Omg, this is going to be tough to lay off of, esp. if Chicago Central or IAIS comes out.

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 11/09/12 21:06
Author: sp8192

Son of a beach. So much good stuff, and then they announce these!!! I'll take 4 please....why? I don't know, I just like them!!!

Date: 11/10/12 02:41
Author: brfriedm

Well Athearn has stated that they may do this model eventually with their current Genesis GP tooling. IM taking it to the hoop!

Bruce

Date: 11/10/12 07:09
Author: iaisfan

brfriedm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well Athearn has stated that they may do this
> model eventually with their current Genesis GP
> tooling. IM taking it to the hoop!
>
> Bruce

I would think that this may push Athearn to move their own Paducah plans up to the front burner. If they delay, IM stands a great chance of soaking up all the demand.

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA
www.iaisrailfans.org/../Sub4WestEnd

Date: 11/10/12 09:00
Author: mgwsy1978

Now if only a GP20 is a possibility I will be happy.

Date: 11/11/12 05:00

mgwsy1978 Wrote:
> Now if only a GP20 is a possibility I will be happy.

Is that one of the Ex-MILW variety? At the very least, if the IM model is a good runner, it'd make the job easier, no? I've got an Intermountain F7 that's very smooth and quiet, so hopefully we'll see the same from their Paducahs.

Fortunately for my wallet, I've already kitbashed the only IAIS GP10 to survive into my era. The IM model could make it easier to model the two GP8s that remain to be built, though...and maybe just slightly easier to do their GP11. However, I've already got the core models set aside, and already repowered them with Kato drives/trucks from Stewart F's.

It's always nice to see new, long-awaited models come out, but the excitement is tempered somewhat if they came too late. :-|

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA

Date: 11/11/12 12:53
Author: fbe

The differences in the various chop nose units are the height of the low nose and the tops of the new middle windows. Some of the windows were level with the tops of the door and engineer's windows, others are set a bit higher. Depending upon how your favorite engine was built the Paducah built are nearly a match or a close place to start.

The MILW GP20s will need some number board work.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 11/11/12 14:26

fbe Wrote:
> The differences in the various chop nose units are
> the height of the low nose and the tops of the new
> middle windows. Some of the windows were level
> with the tops of the door and engineer's windows,
> others are set a bit higher. Depending upon how
> your favorite engine was built the Paducah built
> are nearly a match or a close place to start.
>
> The MILW GP20s will need some number board work.

All good points to consider. Going from memory, I believe the Paducah short hood was right around 68" high, though it varied from one unit to the next. BN's similar West Burlington GP7M rebuilds had a short hood that was about 2-3" taller, and the way that height impacted the nose/windshield arrangement made it noticeably different.

My least favorite part of kitbashing a rebuild has always been chopping the short hood and dealing with filling the numberboards in the resulting low nose. As a result, I guess I was just thinking that, if others felt like me, the IM offering might get you over that hump a little easier, even if other windshield and numberboard (and signal/equipment/battery box, air filter, louver, etc.) changes were necessary. Backdating to a Paducah GP8 should be no problem at all.

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA

Date: 11/11/12 15:39
Author: seod

I can't wait I liked this era on The Puget Sound and Pacific best.

Scott o'Dell

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0659 seconds