Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Model Railroading > Ho scale Amtrak P42 question

Date: 11/30/12 15:49
Ho scale Amtrak P42 question
Author: judahrice

Who makes Amtrak P42 #1 and #134 i am looking for them as well as a model of PV "Keystone grill" (Does anyone make that pv)

Thanks
Judah

Date: 11/30/12 21:06
Re: Ho scale Amtrak P42 question
Author: MRL

I know that Athearn made a special run for Walthers in phase 5 paint. Last year or the year before I believe. They were numbered 1 & 67. Currently sold out. You might be able find some floating out there at shows or one or two left on a stores shelves, but most likely a show. Some 91% alcohol and a bunch of q-tips will take the blue numbers off, without damaging the silver paint. I have done this several times. Microscale makes the decals to replace the numbers.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/12 21:10 by MRL.

Date: 12/01/12 07:50
Author: CR6079

Both numbers were offered through Walthers 134 was made prior to DCC ready units 1 is a DCC ready unit. As mentioned you may be able to find #1 a little easier than 134 and your best bet for that would be the auction site but they usually go for a little more than retail.

Date: 12/01/12 09:01
Author: neilgross

I'm pretty sure my LHS, Berkeley Ace Hardware in Berkeley, CA still had some of the most recent run of Athearn P42s in stock. I am not sure which road numbers they still have though.

http://berkeleyace.com/

If the website seems confusing, my LHS is a regular Ace Hardware store that has a hobby department in the basement. They are also having a 20% off sale in the hobby dept. for the month of December.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds