Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Model Railroading > Problems with Atlas Gold GP40-2 sound unit

Date: 12/06/12 00:17
Problems with Atlas Gold GP40-2 sound unit
Author: missinglink

I was down at the club tonight with my Three atlas GP's. Two non sound and one with with sound. I don't know what happened but the sound unit just went crazy. I could hear it fighting the other two units like the direction had been changed. I thought it may have lost its MU to the other units. I checked and it was still linked. I unlinked to and try a solo run with it but it took off down the track. I had NO control over it. I pulled it off the track and examined the trucks and wheels and found nothing. I also removed the shell and found everything in place. The sound comes on but when you crack the throttle it shorts. Has any body else had this problem?

Date: 12/06/12 06:37
Re: Problems with Atlas Gold GP40-2 sound unit
Author: cf7

Run the sound unit on DC and see if this
fixes the problem. If not do a re-set on DC
and start all over again. cf7

Date: 12/07/12 16:47
Author: HB90MACH

I would run the reprograming sequence that the DCC systems have. It resets all the CV's. Sounds like at some point the CV programing got scrambled.

Date: 12/07/12 19:19

Thanks for the help...I tried all that was mentioned and nothing worked. I guess I'll send to back to Atlas.

Date: 12/07/12 19:21

The non sound units have digitrax 163 decoders.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds