Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Model Railroading > Golden Gate Live Steamers - still having fun!

Date: 04/15/14 21:45
Golden Gate Live Steamers - still having fun!
Author: Digger

If you have followed "Model Railroading" here on TO for any length of time, you likely have noticed the many enjoyable historical pictures of Golden Gate Live Steamers Key Route Ken has shared. Last weekend, we ventured out to the club to continue the tradition started so many years ago. KRK, I hope you enjoy this! Our kids in the video are close to the age you were when you ventured out with your father and grandfather. The boy running the Atlantic is 11; bringing up the next generation of "Live Steamers." All aboard!

Chris Donhost
Vacaville, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/14 22:07 by Digger.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/15/14 22:58
Re: Golden Gate Live Steamers - still having fun!
Author: Digger

And here is some vintage GGLS - one of the builders. I used to have a copy of The Sacramento Bee article that had a photo of Herman Volz running his locomotive through the meadow in Hagen Park. This image shows Herman with his yet-to-be locomotive in his machine shop.

Chris

Date: 04/16/14 05:40
Author: santafedan

Looks like a great set up.

Date: 04/16/14 07:07
Author: bert14

Very nicely put together, neat song, still having fun...priceless!

Date: 04/16/14 08:39
Author: livesteamer

That youngster has a certain look of seriousness and professionalism. My grandson will be 9 this summer and now it is his turn to learn how to operate my 2-6-0. Our hobby depends upon those of us with years of experience teaching the next generation.

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0342 seconds