Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Model Railroading > Railfanreading.com

Date: 04/16/14 21:30
Railfanreading.com
Author: SantaFe9820

Has anyone done business with Jim Rinker from Railfanreading.com? I really enjoy his work and emailed him to see if he could detail my ICE SD40 (Lord knows I can't do it). Does he charge reasonably?

I figure he's a busy dude and won't see my email for a while so I'm asking you guys.

Date: 04/16/14 22:19
Re: Railfanreading.com
Author: Shogun

From what I have seen of his work that is for sale on ebay, and of his videos on you tube, I can guarantee you that the model you send, will be nothing like the model you get back....yes, he IS that good. Send it...post up pics when you get it back....before and after type stuff..... LOL

Date: 04/16/14 22:29

I definitely plan to, I'm gonna try and have him do it up just like the prototype, granted it doesn't get too pricey....

Date: 04/17/14 01:16
Author: UP2010

I'm a satisfied customer. Please check his web site again as I believe he is not accepting any new projects due to a change in employment.

Barry....

Date: 04/17/14 08:59
Author: bigmc83

I just received back an Athearn Conrail SD70 he renumbered, detailed, DCC/Sound install, weathered and it is a fantastic model! For the work involved, I was happy with the price. It took him a few months, but I wasn't in a hurry and these projects take time and patience. As mentioned, his website is noting that he is not accepting new work, so you may be out of luck. Depending on the project, an email can't hurt.

Sean

Date: 04/17/14 13:28

Nuts, I didn't see that he's not accepting new work. Oh well! Thanks for the notice, guys!

Date: 04/17/14 15:14

SantaFe9820 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nuts, I didn't see that he's not accepting new
> work. Oh well! Thanks for the notice, guys!

Since he is not taking jobs..I have a guy whom I think is as good or better, and he is taking jobs...pm me if your interested and I'll give you his contact info....

Date: 04/18/14 22:47

Here is a bit of his work.....

Date: 04/21/14 20:35

Ho-lee cow...that's brilliant.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds