Home Open Account Help 391 users online

Model Railroading > Camp 18 Logging Museum work party

Date: 04/21/14 09:40
Camp 18 Logging Museum work party
Author: Jeff_Johnston

Friends of Camp 18 Logging Museum:

Sunday, April 27th, starting at 9 am, we’re holding a Camp 18 Museum work party and potluck lunch in Elsie, Oregon. Per the official press release:

“Everyone welcome! Grab your friends, family and neighbors for a fun-filled work day doing some spring cleaning and getting things spruced up at the Camp 18 Logging Museum. Bring gloves, shovels, rakes, tractor, lawn mower, weed eater or anything else you think we might need. Please bring an item for our potluck lunch! Any and all help will be much appreciated. Any questions, call Mark Standley at (503) 434-0148 or Darlene Wilcoxen at (503) 728-2050.”

A lot of us are regular visitors to the Camp 18 facility during the annual Pacific Model Loggers' Congress ( www.pacificmodelloggerscongress.com ) and this is a great opportunity to give something back for the betterment of the museum. It’ll be fun, and the potluck will likely be something to write home about.

The location is Camp 18 Logging Museum, 42362 Highway 26, Elsie, OR 97138; (503) 755-1818 for general information.

Jeff Johnston
www.trainvideosandparts.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/14 09:41 by Jeff_Johnston.

Date: 04/21/14 09:43
Re: Camp 18 Logging Museum work party
Author: GN_X838

Is the steam donkey a Willamette? Swede Albany,Or.

Date: 04/21/14 11:36
Re: Camp 18 Logging Museum work party
Author: Jeff_Johnston

The big two-speed rigged near the spar tree is a Willamette, but I'm not positive about the other one. Someone with better donkey-spotting skills would need to definitively answer that, or if I can find one of my Camp 18 brochures with the data, I'll list it here.

Jeff Johnston
www.trainvideosandparts.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds