Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Model Railroading > RS10 Spare Parts?

Date: 04/21/14 12:12
RS10 Spare Parts?
Author: march_hare

Just finished dressing up my pair of Canadian Pacific RS10s with light weathering, and using them for a shoot intended for the Cripplebush Valley Models web site.

Then I put them back in the box. Big mistake.

The models were shipped with the end handrails separate. I forgot this, put one of the models back in its original styrofoam cradle, and promptly sheared both sets of end rails off. The cradle was sized for the unassembled model. The rails and stanchions are thoroughly broken, and almost certainly unrepairable.

Any ideas on how to obtain spares? Or are there other Alco-like end rails that would make an acceptable substitute?

Date: 04/21/14 12:28
Re: RS10 Spare Parts?
Author: wlankenau

The Proto 1000 RS11 handrails might fit . . . contact Walthers.

Date: 04/21/14 13:28
Author: SteveTuff

Contact true line trains, the repair guy there is pretty good and might have a spare set kicking around the shop.

Steve Tuff
www.facebook.com/BurlingtonJunction

Date: 04/21/14 14:41
Author: CCT41

Walthers has no RS11 hand rail sets, I need three sets myself, and they say they have not had any in a long time. So, unless they have made a run recently, I would say Walthers would be no help.

You might try Smokey Valley Models though.

Date: 04/21/14 18:50
Author: Arved

CCT41 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Walthers has no RS11 hand rail sets, I need three
> sets myself, and they say they have not had any in
> a long time. So, unless they have made a run
> recently, I would say Walthers would be no help.

Unless Walther's has vastly improved in the past 2-3 years, it's impossible to get parts from them. They import assembled models. Period. End of discussion. They have (/had) no desire to support their products with parts. If it ain't in the Walthers catalog, they don't sell it.

Arved Grass
Fleming Island, FL

Date: 04/21/14 19:31
Author: ATSFSD26

Hi Arved,
Not entirely accurate.
While I'm sure many parts are not available, I recenly contacted them about replacement glass for a Walthers passenger car, and they offered me both plain and tinted sets. So to be fair to them, SOME parts are available.
That said, they only had one set of each, so the next guy asking will experience your frustration.
It is also possible these sets came from cars returned for claim, due to other damage.
cheers
Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0306 seconds