Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Model Railroading > Athearn Genesis F unit

Date: 07/20/14 09:59
Athearn Genesis F unit
Author: jburek

I'm installing a Tsunami 567 board into an Athearn Genesis F unit & I'm not quite certain how to wire the lights. There are 3 bulbs - one for the headlight & one each for the two number boards. Anyone with experience on how these need to be wired? Do I need a resistor for these Genesis F-unit bulbs? I was thinking of wiring the headlight bulb to the headlight output & the number board lights to one of the function outputs. Any insight appreciated.
jburek

Date: 07/20/14 13:42
Re: Athearn Genesis F unit
Author: superchief73

If you have the AT1000 Model no resistors required.

Javier Cervantes
Castle Rock , CO

Date: 07/20/14 13:45
Author: fbe

Wrong, if you have the GN1000 board with the 1.5v outputs you need no resistors. The AT1000 decoders have 14v outputs.

Having said that, there is a 1.5+v output on the AT board to look for. If you use that as the common for ALL of the bulbs you do not have to add any resistors. So each function output will have one wire, white, yellow, green, brown, etc and no + wire next to it. All those wires from the bulbs will go to the 1.5+v tab which needs to be soldered.

superchief73 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you have the AT1000 Model no resistors
> required.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/14 13:53 by fbe.

Date: 07/20/14 19:56

Not Wrong,the AT1000 model has 1.5 VDC Powersupply for Microbulbs.

Javier Cervantes
Castle Rock , CO

Date: 07/21/14 07:34

Let us begin with what part number decoder are you utilizing.

Javier Cervantes
Castle Rock , CO

Date: 07/22/14 21:14
Author: wabash2800

You have lighted number boards with a Genesis F unit? Mine doesn't have that feature as they are solid with decal numbers on the outside.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds