Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Model Railroading > Tempera Paint for Brick Structures

Date: 07/23/14 23:52
Tempera Paint for Brick Structures
Author: alaska

I realize that this method of painting brick structures with tempera paint may seem like "old school" but after painting and weathering a Heldjan roundhouse over 20yrs ago the building still looks good and the paint has not flaked off.

Eventhough there are many ways to paint brick structures; this method which I no longer do worked very well at the time since the brick surface provided such a good "tooth" for the paint to adhere to.

Since there are so many ways and perhaps better it is not likely that anyone has used this method of painting brick.
Years ago being more of a novice than I am now I just tried the tempera and it worked mixing red,brown,orange and black until I was satisfied with the brick color.

If any TO members choose to use this method it can be fun and may result in a realistic color.
After brushing on the basic brick color, I weathered it with black and white streaks resulting in a very old appearance.

Think out of the box and give it a try.

Hal

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds