Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Model Railroading > CCT gets a GP9

Date: 08/18/14 19:16
CCT gets a GP9
Author: Inthehole

I wanted to have my own CCT geep after growing up with them in my backyard. The Traction Company always held a place in my heart. This is one of a three-unit set I have in 1" scale, the other is an SP geep and a soon-to-be SP commute geep (currently UP). Body is fiberglass with resin details. It is electric with two deep cycle batteries onboard and all three can be MUed together or run separately.

BTW, 90 would have been the next in the numbering series from 60, 70, 80, if they had kept that, hence the 90. CCT did not have a 90 in real life. The pain scheme is a plausible variation of the new economy paint job on 1795.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/14 19:19 by Inthehole.

Date: 08/18/14 19:25
Re: CCT gets a GP9

Here is the caboose for the geep. It is of the previous aluminum and black paint before the geeps, but heck, I'm riding on the train anyway and my big rear-end ruins the scale effect anyway. This is an ex-SP signal department crummy--not a model but an actual SP caboose shipped to 401 I St in Sacramento.

Date: 08/18/14 21:18
Author: atsf121

Great stuff, really like that GP.

Nathan

Date: 08/18/14 21:32
Author: tracktime

That is just terrific! Now what was the SP signal dept. doing with a large-scale caboose back then?

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 08/19/14 03:34
Author: kgmontreal

Nice GP7.

KG

Date: 08/19/14 11:54
Author: trainjunkie

Wow, that geep is cool. I always wanted to build ex-ATSF CCT caboose No. 24 in 1" scale but I'll never have the time or energy.

Date: 08/21/14 08:52

tracktime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is just terrific! Now what was the SP signal
> dept. doing with a large-scale caboose back then?
>
> Cheers,
> Harry

Fun fact, the CCT 15 is actually an ex-SP caboose much like many of the real CCT crummies. This is not a model, but this 1" scale model was purchased by the signal department at 401 I St in Sacramento. It was to be used for training purposes and used to shunt a 50' stretch of track with a 1" scale boxcar (I have the rail and boxcar parts too) to show how relays dropped in the field without taking track and time. Sacramento never assembled them, but it was completed in Colton Yard down south. Of course, the 15 never existed but the model is one number lower that the first real caboose on the CCT, much like 90 is the number after the 60, 70, and 80.

Date: 08/21/14 08:53

A kid for size comparison.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds