Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Model Railroading > Proper UP locomotive brown color

Date: 08/20/14 16:17
Proper UP locomotive brown color
Author: Charls

Good evening all, I am in the process to paint an OMI E2A in UP colour and would like input as to the best colour match of the locomotive brown shade to the ones available in the True Line paint line please
Thanks
Charls

Date: 08/20/14 23:08
Re: Proper UP locomotive brown color
Author: alaska

Suggest contacting the UP Historical Society.

Hal

Date: 08/21/14 03:31
Author: UPkid

My father painted for Overland Models in the 80's and early 90's.. He did a lot of research on the Union Pacific brown paint.. His results was, Lionel Trains had the best match brown on the M-10000. He was able to get the color code and had the paint special made.. Most model company's have tried to match the color, however its always to dark.. If my father will still alive, I could get more information for you.. I hope this helps.

Date: 08/21/14 04:52
Author: Carondelet

Streamliner "Leaf Brown" is the color name I recall hearing for this color.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/21/14 07:53
Author: grahamline

Tru-Color doesn't post an online color chart because everyone's monitor is different, but will mail you one. Contact them at http://www.trucolorpaint.com/index.php?p=1_22_Color-Chart

UP's leaf brown was a middle tone. Model Master 1736 Leather (flat) might be worth comparing to color photos.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds