Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Model Railroading > Model train layouts in unusual places

Date: 08/30/14 08:53
Model train layouts in unusual places
Author: shuttletrain

I need some help guys and gals, Today's Let's Talk Trains show from NOON-TWO CDT is about unusual places. Has anyone found any layouts in places where you did not expect? Please call into the show today 646-716-710. Let's show off your model railroad hobby.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/letstalktrains/2014/08/30/along-the-right-of-way

Theodore Picraux
St. Peters, MO
Shuttletrain's Wanderings

Date: 08/30/14 10:48
Re: Model train layouts in unusual places
Author: wabash2800

One guy I know had his HO layout in the top loft of a barn, winter and summer, no temperature or humidity control.

Some small layouts are in suitcases or briefcases: N and Z.

Date: 08/30/14 13:34
Author: miralomarail

I saw a N Scale Layout under a Counter top at a Restaurant on Google

Date: 08/30/14 20:12
Author: Arved

I know a guy who has an N-scale layout in his cubicle. Everything he does is on the 'puter, which frees up the desk space for trackage. I wish I could take a photo.

Arved Grass
Fleming Island, FL

Date: 08/31/14 10:09
Author: penncentral74

I visited a hardware store in Kidron OH, and in their one room they had a G-Scale layout up in the ceiling rafters. A young Amish man came in and looked up was was completely awe-struck. Bless his heart, he stood there for 20 minutes watching the progress of the train with a wide smile on his face.

Date: 08/31/14 10:35
Author: wabash2800

You'd be surprised how many Amish like railroads. Many have purchased my books. Perhaps it's not surprising since they like to tinker with motors and mechanical things. Many in my area have small engine shops and repair lawn mowers. One wonderful guy I worked with ran the machine rebuilding and maintenance in our machine shop and is still there as far as I know (probably the only one I worked with). He was top-notch. Since he did not drive a car, he commuted with a coworker.

Victor A. Baird
http://erstwhilepublications.com

penncentral74 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I visited a hardware store in Kidron OH, and in
> their one room they had a G-Scale layout up in the
> ceiling rafters. A young Amish man came in and
> looked up was was completely awe-struck. Bless
> his heart, he stood there for 20 minutes watching
> the progress of the train with a wide smile on his
> face.

Date: 09/09/14 15:02
Author: SilvertonRR100

Knew a guy in Montana who lowered the upper floor of a barn and built a large HO layout.

Another had an On30 layout in what amounted to a closet or something like that. OJ, u out there?

Sumpter Valley themed restaurant in Bake City, OR, has G scale train running all around the restaurant. Other G stuff on display.

Rob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds