Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Model Railroading > 2015 National Narrow Gauge Convention

Date: 09/10/14 11:35
2015 National Narrow Gauge Convention
Author: Jason-Rose

Here is the promo for the 2015 NNGC which will be in Houston. It was truly an honor to meet these guys and video the worlds they've created.

This is actually a re-cut version of the promo because TO limits the length of videos. The original (and far better) cut can be viewed from the website: NNGC-2015.com

All of the railroads in this video are simply spectacular and there are many more that I didn't get a chance to visit and include.

Please consider attending the convention next year. The focus is narrow gauge, but there will be much to see that is standard gauge and from other eras.

Jason Rose
Spring, TX
Rio Grande Explorations

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/14 12:10 by Jason-Rose.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/10/14 12:00
Re: 2015 National Narrow Guage Convention
Author: dropframe

Nice video. I am going to have to mark my calendar.

Cheers,
Larry

Date: 09/10/14 12:42
Author: Auburn_Ed

Outstanding video, especially the depth of field when riding the trains. I've not seen such clear video on scale tracks before. What was the camera and what were the settings?

Ed

Date: 09/10/14 12:45
Author: Jason-Rose

Thanks guys.

I used a GoPro Hero 3 with the lens set to "wide" for the on-board shots (Canon T5 for the rest). The GoPro works best with the larger scales. Couldn't even try with HO, not enough clearance.

Jason Rose
Spring, TX
Rio Grande Explorations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/14 12:48 by Jason-Rose.

Date: 09/10/14 15:19
Author: DKay

I wil be there.Still haven't unpacked from the KC event yet.Should get my registration in this week.Regards, DK

Date: 09/10/14 18:12
Re: 2015 National Narrow Gauge Convention
Author: drgwrgs

Houston always has had a lot to see and do. Gil Freitag's Stoney Creek and Western is worth the trip alone. It was built to operate none the less. The NNGCs are about as laid back as it gets and genuinely low stress compared to the regimentation of most of the other formal events.

Date: 09/11/14 10:34
Author: Chooch

Breathtaking, absolutely breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Date: 09/12/14 00:45
Author: DBen

9-12-2014: High production values! "Silverado" was the perfect music for this video. Especially appreciated at 3:05 was the panning reversal utilizing the end of one train disappearing into a lower-level tunnel, while the engine of an upper-level train appears out of its tunnel!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds