Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Model Railroading > A tub (or two) of F40s...

Date: 09/12/14 12:07
A tub (or two) of F40s...
Author: rapidotrains

Production is well underway for our new F40PH-2D locomotives. These are looking mighty fine! (And I am totally unbiased.)

http://www.rapidotrains.com/f40.html

-Jason

Date: 09/12/14 12:32
Re: A tub (or two) of F40s...
Author: Notch16

Thank you, Jason, for putting a face (and hands) to the creation of product overseas. It's very easy to overlook the fact that some very skilled people work very hard to satisfy our desires for well-made, well-detailed models. And the best models are made when the data is prepared by people who understand every last rivet and cable of what they're looking at, who know what serious modelers want down to the color of the window shades, and who've created open and cooperative communications channels with their suppliers.

Kudos on your hard work, and thanks for your well-used unlimited data plan and frequent flyer miles. Those little bricks on roller skates have massive appeal. Look at all that complicated junk under the frame! It should swell the hearts of complicated-junk-under-the-frame-lovers everywhere...

~ BZ

Date: 09/12/14 12:44
Author: rschonfelder

I'm one of those who love underframe detail but would never have termed it like in the previous post. Quite funny.

Rick

Date: 09/12/14 13:14
Author: TCnR

Great photos, thanks for posting.

Date: 09/12/14 16:21
Author: ChrisCampi

Always interesting Jason.

Date: 09/12/14 17:40
Author: dcmkris

Jason,

That's not fair you made my wallet start crying and it's not even Christmas time yet!

Oh well I guess that's the price of state of the art F40. Really I can't wait, but the
family layout will still need an Amtrak F40 and the LRC Coaches to replicate the International.

Kris

Date: 09/12/14 19:17
Author: BN_FAN

Don't forget to include the couplers!

(A tongue-in-cheek reference to the latest gaffe to get through assembly and QC from a different, and gaffe-prone, Canadian manufacturer)

Doug Stark

Date: 09/12/14 21:00
Author: Lark

Please Sir, May I have them in the present scheme...

Date: 09/12/14 21:32
Author: M-420

You guys are wacky, but fun.

Cannot wait to see your bucket O' MLW FP-4's

Brian E

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0397 seconds