Home Open Account Help 401 users online

Model Railroading > A sandwich? The crazy lengths we go to...

Date: 09/12/14 14:38
A sandwich? The crazy lengths we go to...
Author: rapidotrains

Hi all,

This is so crazy I had to share it with you.

On the real British APT-E train, one of the engineers always brought a massive sandwich, which he didn't like all that much. They needed to prop a door open between two compartments on one of the trailer cars, so they used his sandwich. Repeatedly.

So of course we decided to include the door, propped open by a 1:76 scale sandwich.

How many model train manufacturers get these kinds of emails from their engineers in China?

"Will all door be opened after assembling? If yes, suggest don't to make separate parts for the sandwich , because too small to install, there are mounting holes under the door, we only can choose one status for the door, ------Open or Close?

"This is another kind of door, do we need to make it be opened and add sandwich?"

See attached.

Our new tagline is:

The Rapido APT-E
May or May Not Include Sandwich

-Jason

Date: 09/12/14 15:12
Re: A sandwich? The crazy lengths we go to...
Author: choochooboy

Haha!

Even better is when we decide to adopt the word "sandwich" and go with it!

After all, if we know to what they are referring, and they know to what we are referring, then it can be easier than confusing the situation by introducing new langauge!

All that said, our people are a hard working group who deserve applause. I am sure that the same is true for you.

My best,

Blaine Hadfield

ExactRail

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/14 15:14 by choochooboy.

Date: 09/12/14 16:19
Author: ChrisCampi

Great stuff. Wonder if it was a " Subway" sandwich?

Chris

Date: 09/12/14 16:20
Author: RyanWilkerson

That's good workplace comedy. Thanks for sharing.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 09/12/14 19:26
Author: nicknack

Is this a footlong or a 330cm sandwich? Did you to measure a prototype?

Date: 09/12/14 19:31
Author: Rapidobill

We are NOT making this stuff up!

After careful research and numerous e-mails we have determined that it was in fact a standard cheese sandwich, no mayo or mustard, crusts on. Our model will, of course, be 100% accurate... ;>)

Bill Schneider
Rapido Trains

Date: 09/12/14 19:48
Author: wabash2800

Must have been some thick cheese and European bread...<G> As an old railroader friend once remarked about a man that ran a small store near where his steam loco took on coal and water in Indiana: "The sandwiches (made of meat and cheese) were real thick but he was light on the charge".

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/14 14:54 by wabash2800.

Date: 09/12/14 22:27
Author: rschonfelder

Being a Pommie, I suspect the Engineer (aka: "Driver") probably wanted a Pie Floater for lunch. [ Meat Pie in Pea Soup ]

This guy must go the extra distance to compensate for his Wife being a poor cook let alone her ability to make a Sanger.

Rick

Date: 09/14/14 15:48
Author: fbe

I worked with railroaders for more than three decades and can tell you there was always someone around who would eat at least the filling out of any sandwich no matter what it had been used for. It might also be left down near the bum jungle.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 09/17/14 11:48
Author: HB90MACH

Now i want it because of the screwball story behind it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0602 seconds