Home Open Account Help 391 users online

Model Railroading > I need some help locating a certain H.O decal set.

Date: 09/12/14 18:03
I need some help locating a certain H.O decal set.
Author: hartrick24

Good Friday evening to all. I have been looking off and on for about 3 weeks trying to find a decal set for a H.O scale center flow. The car is a accrual and i'm knot sure of the exact cubic feet. The decal goes at the bottom of the car it might say " compartment cubic feet is 1650". The decal for micro scale are so small that I can't even see them with a magnifying glass. Maybe someone used this type of decal in the past and knows the stock number. Thats what I need the help with I can't see them. Please someone help me. Thanks Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/14 20:13 by hartrick24.

Date: 09/12/14 20:01
Re: I need some help locating a certain H.O decal set.
Author: calsubd

try to take a picture of it then have it enlarged

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 09/12/14 20:40
Author: PHall

The only covered hopper I found on the Accurail website is the Pullman-Standard 4750 cu ft hopper.
Microscale has two data only sets for this car. MC-5017 for black and MC-5018 for white.
They have a bunch of other sets too. Just search their site using 4750 as your search term and you should get them all.

Date: 09/13/14 04:58
Author: MrMRL

The HO scale Accurail center-flow model is a 4600 cu. ft. prototype. Oddballs Decals has produced sets for both green and mineral brown prototypes. [u]Oddballs BNSF decal list[/u]... I am unsure if the sheets include all the compartment cu ft. data though.

Accurail 4600 3-bay sets are:
[b]87-313 (green)[/b], [b]87-341 (brown)[/b]

You could get similar data from later sets, but the cu. ft. numbers would be inaccurate...

5161 Model (Athearn, LBF)
[b]87-904[/b]

4750 Model (Intermountain, Tangent)
[b]87-918[/b], [b]87-922[/b]

If you wish to stick with Microscale, try their BNSF Center Flow Hopper decal set, [b]87-1037[/b]. I'm not sure though exactly which "center-flow" hopper prototype it is intended for. So again, the cu. ft. data may be off.

Mr. MRL

Date: 09/13/14 20:34
Author: ATSFSD26

I believe this is the stencilling identifying the capacity of one of the 3 hoppers of an ACF 4600.
The middle hopper is usually of lesser capacity than the other two because the outer ones' outer slope sheets continue up to the ends of the car.
That said i don't know off hand who provides this decal.
Also not sure if the poster asked for it in black or white.
cheers
Dave

Date: 09/14/14 10:56

ATSFSD26 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe this is the stencilling identifying the
> capacity of one of the 3 hoppers of an ACF 4600.
> The middle hopper is usually of lesser capacity
> than the other two because the outer ones' outer
> slope sheets continue up to the ends of the car.
> That said i don't know off hand who provides this
> decal.
> Also not sure if the poster asked for it in black
> or white.
> cheers
> Dave

You are right Dave, I would need them in white. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/14 13:55 by hartrick24.

Date: 09/15/14 10:21

I spent 3 hours on another site looking and found what I need from Herald King H-463 (Frisco). Thank you for your help. Steve

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0486 seconds