Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Model Railroading > Completed more Kats

Date: 09/15/14 20:03
Completed more Kats
Author: SPED

That's Katsumi engines, now the AC4 is done except for a little tweaking on the pilot truck. I saw this first picture was a little out of focus but it still looks OK. You can see more detail in this rather then the rest. I scratch built the plow and added the box (for the hose) below the headlamp.
I used 12 volt lights in these engines, they ft the opening better and look good. The AC12 had an LED but I took it out because I thought it was too bright.
Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/14 20:04 by SPED.

Date: 09/15/14 20:06
Re: Completed more Kats

Couple more shots, I like the rear shot, you hardly ever see one form that angle.

Date: 09/15/14 20:16
Author: superchief73

Another beautiful Brass engine given a new life! Awesome!

Javier Cervantes
Castle Rock , CO

Date: 09/15/14 21:02
Author: rschonfelder

OK I have to bite on this one ... how do you scratchbuild a plow? Getting those curves right and to meet properly must be really hard.

Rick

Date: 09/16/14 07:38
Author: atsf121

That is one nice looking engine, great work.

Nathan

Date: 09/16/14 09:20
Author: Frisco1522

Great work, great paint job. Lookin good!

Date: 09/16/14 10:25

rschonfelder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK I have to bite on this one ... how do you
> scratchbuild a plow? Getting those curves right
> and to meet properly must be really hard.
>
> Rick

Rick,
The plow is actually three pieces, the two plow halves soldered together with the little rib added in the middle. Originally I was going to leave it just pressed onto the pilot so I could remove it but it kept falling off so I soldered it on to keep it aligned and secure.

Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/14 12:46 by SPED.

Date: 09/16/14 12:50

I will sometimes take a picture of a model to see if there are any flaws. Seams like the lens finds everything that is not right! In this case I find the #700 M.V. Products lens for the classificaation lights are right-on, to bad I didn't light them up but you have to stop somewhere and say "that's good enough".
Ed

Date: 09/16/14 12:50
Author: sphauler

Excellent work!

Date: 09/17/14 07:53
Author: Frisco1522

I've done the picture taking routine for a long time while building an engine. You can stare at something forever while working on it and miss something obvious but the camera is ruthless.

Date: 09/17/14 07:58
Author: Kimball

Any way to fill the slots on the screws on the rods?

Date: 09/17/14 09:43

Kimball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any way to fill the slots on the screws on the
> rods?

You could fill them with a little strip of styrene and paint them, you'd have to make it removable for servicing though. Another way would be using a hex head with a shoulder but they might be hard to find, PSC may have them.
Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/14 12:17 by SPED.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0587 seconds