Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Model Railroading > EMD lease unit wine red

Date: 09/16/14 23:55
EMD lease unit wine red
Author: steeplecab

Can anyone recommend a paint match for the wine red used on EMD's red and gray lease units and some demonstrators? Please, no acrylic colors.

My first preference is Scalecoat. Model Master is also quite acceptable. I also have a color list for Tru-Color paints, but only have samples of a couple colors. They list a #TCP-88 "Engine Maroon." Might this be the color I'm looking for?

Thanks for any suggestions anyone might have.

steeplecab

Date: 09/17/14 04:21
Re: EMD lease unit wine red
Author: BNModeler

I painted a EMD Demo Unit, #3000, I think and used Microscales suggestion for the color match and was quite please with the color. At work right now so I don't have access to the mixture but... Try decal sheet 87-927.

Date: 09/17/14 06:10
Author: P5r24

I used Model Masters #28112 Maroon for touching up
my EMD Demo unit.

It is an Gloss enamel so some dull coat over it may be in order,

Gary

Date: 09/18/14 21:36

Thank you for the advice, gentlemen. It is truly appreciated. I have the Microscale set on order, and will check out that Model Master recommendation.

steeplecab

Date: 09/27/14 16:46

BNModeler Wrote:
> I think and used Microscales suggestion for the color match and was
> quite please with the color. At work right now so I don't have access
> to the mixture but... Try decal sheet 87-927.

I have obtained the decal sheet, but Microscale doesn't offer a color suggestion other than "wine red". Any other color suggestions would be welcome.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds