Home Open Account Help 255 users online

Model Railroading > SMD PD Hopper Review

Date: 09/23/14 19:47
SMD PD Hopper Review
Author: ghemr

I recently bought a Spring Mills Depot PD Covered Hopper and I thought I'd share it with you. The car (out of the box) is properly weighted, comes with metal wheels and very good trucks! The couplers are Kadee #5 but can easily be changed to #58's. For my car I removed the "CAPY 200000" info and changed the double COTS panels to the single one. I weathered around these items to intentionally look like it was changed by a shop. Other than that some graffiti, yellow reflective stripes, rust, dirt and the usual spilled load caked to the sides of the car was all I added to complete the project...... CSX ENG

Date: 09/23/14 20:03
Re: SMD PD Hopper Review
Author: inCHI

Looks great! Nice weathering for sure.

Date: 09/24/14 01:56
Author: jobrazy

Nicely done! Great attention to the details. Spring mills does a great job with their cars, and you enhanced that with your artistry!

Joel Brazy
Coatesville, PA

Date: 09/24/14 06:10
Author: Cajon92

inCHI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks great! Nice weathering for sure.

Will second that, great job.

~Ryan

Date: 09/24/14 16:54
Author: tankcarsrule

Looks real good! I'm trying to get motivated to do my Flexi-Flo, your photos helped.

Thanks, Bobby

Posted from Android

Date: 09/24/14 17:43
Author: ghemr

tankcarsrule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks real good! I'm trying to get motivated to do
> my Flexi-Flo, your photos helped.
>
> Thanks, Bobby

Bobby, I even motivated myself by ordering a second car from SMD! Thanks to everyone for the comments!!

Date: 09/24/14 19:43
Author: Shogun

Getting ready to buy a bunch of those things...they are literally.....everywhere you look. If you model modern times give or take 10-15 years, and you don't have these on your layout, you should.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds