Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Model Railroading > Question about Atlas Master Line Dash 8-40C Locomotives

Date: 09/28/14 12:32
Question about Atlas Master Line Dash 8-40C Locomotives
Author: egonzinc

Do these come RTR or do all the small parts, hand rails etc, have to be attached to the model?

Thank in advance.
E

Date: 09/28/14 12:52
Re: Question about Atlas Master Line Dash 8-40C Locomot
Author: calsubd

Mine came ready to run, the only thing I did was put Kadee #5's on and adjust the coupler trip pins up a tad, it's a little loud but I'm going to read up on it more before trying to adjust it down

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 09/28/14 15:49
Author: garr

It has been awhile since I bought an Atlas Master locomotive, but the ones I bought had the side railings attached but the buyer had to install the end railing. Not a tough job, however I have reached the age where I need reading glasses to accomplish the feat.

Jay

Date: 09/28/14 16:45
Author: mp_eagle

Got my Atlas UP C40-8CW from Railmaster Hobbies yesterday. It come as ready to run as it gets. Nothing needs to be added to be layout ready but like most I modify mine for my needs like changing the couplers to Kaydee's, etc.

Note: The packaging has been changed. Gone is the formed Styrofoam insert. Instead a three piece vacuum formed cradle with a plastic sleeve holding the packaging together is used. The locomotive is held in position with two medium sized screws through the base and into the fuel tank of the model. If reused for storage, the screws need to be reinstalled or the model is not secure and will move back and forth about an 1/8 inch at each end.

Just my observations
Chet

Date: 09/29/14 19:21
Author: bigmc83

My Conrail NS patch #8323 arrived today. I agree with the packaging, quite impressive and requires a screwdriver to remove it from the lower portion of the package. Everything was put together, with the exception of the rear view mirrors and sunshades (which annoys me, because Conrail did not have sunshades) The locomotive is very well done, and on par with the previous runs.

I'm not sure how I feel about the QSI sound. The horn is slow to respond and the bell seems too fast and high pitched. I might consider a Tsunami down the road.

Overall a great looking model!

Sean McCaffery

Date: 09/30/14 13:46
Author: NSTopHat

bigmc83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Conrail NS patch #8323 arrived today. I agree
> with the packaging, quite impressive and requires
> a screwdriver to remove it from the lower portion
> of the package. Everything was put together, with
> the exception of the rear view mirrors and
> sunshades (which annoys me, because Conrail did
> not have sunshades) The locomotive is very well
> done, and on par with the previous runs.
>
> I'm not sure how I feel about the QSI sound. The
> horn is slow to respond and the bell seems too
> fast and high pitched. I might consider a Tsunami
> down the road.
>
> Overall a great looking model!
>
> Sean McCaffery

Mine arrived as well. Had know that they were going to change packaging for a while, its a neat system and should work very well.

Haven't had a chance to get them out on the test track myself. Will be interested in seeing how they compare to previous QSI runs, as I was not pleased with them and did switch them out to Soundtraxx decoders.

Russ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.049 seconds