Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Model Railroading > A little more from K C.

Date: 09/29/14 20:01
A little more from K C.
Author: tomstp

1. Here I sit with my engine waiting on the tower operator to clear me through this busy junction.

2. Finally out on the road with a clear stack I approach the steel tunnel about 30 ft long. Blowing your whistle inside the tunnel exposes you to a great many echos and raises the sound level. But, after a while you get a kick out of it.

3. I am stuck in Elmo siding waiting for this diesel switcher to clear up and turn me loose again.

Date: 09/29/14 20:06
Re: A little more from K C.

After the meet at Elmo I am off again and as I approach Buffalo Lips siding I see a red over white allowing me to enter the siding behind another long freight for another meet. At times traffic was really heavy and waiting for meets was common. At other times I was able to run a long time before meets. At one time I was tied up in the juction for almost 15 minutes waiting for a route out of the mess when we had 17 trains out on the track at one time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/14 20:11 by tomstp.

Date: 09/30/14 05:30
Author: santafedan

What is on the caboose?

Date: 09/30/14 05:59
Author: hwb36604

GI Joe

Date: 09/30/14 06:35
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Here you are TomSTP, pop valve lifted, waiting for another one of those frequent meets.

Second photo - an SP NW2 waits for the same train, rear of which is seen in TomSTP's last shot.
The Pennsy geep is 24 volt battery powered with sound system, as is the NW2.

Third - Not all trains were big un's. I didn't get the chance to meet this guy personally, but
his blue boxcab was powered by a single 12 volt battery. Most trains shown are owned and operated
by visiting Texans, but obviously, this guy was from somewhere else.

Date: 09/30/14 07:35
Author: atsf121

Nice photos guys, looks like a lot of fun. How big is the setup there?

Nathan

Date: 09/30/14 15:34

Main line run is about 11,500 ft. Many passing tracks and two yards with a lot more track.

Date: 09/30/14 17:18
Author: rapidotrains

Wow! I would love to run trains there. I have to get started in 1/8 scale modelling....

-Jason

Date: 09/30/14 18:05
Author: WrongWayMurphy

rapidotrains Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow! I would love to run trains there. I have to
> get started in 1/8 scale modelling....
>
> -Jason

Our host even has a rail mounted snowblower which you would feel at home operating ....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0592 seconds