Home Open Account Help 163 users online

Model Railroading > Rivarossi U-25C's are in!

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 10/11/14 08:34
Rivarossi U-25C's are in!
Author: BaylorMax

Dear Rivarossi Fan,

Your pre-ordered GE U25C Diesel Locos are now available. Please visit http://www.hornbyamerica.com/shop/hornby/rivarossi/diesel-locos and add the item to the shopping cart and submit your order for payment processing. The first shipment is going fast but we another shipment arriving in a couple weeks. Your order should then ship within 2 business days.

Thank you for purchasing from Hornby America.

Web Orders

I ordered mine this morning.

Date: 10/11/14 10:01
Re: Rivarossi U-25C's are in!
Author: nikon1

Nice looking model, but quite a gap between the truck and frame.
Charlie
MPP 52.7 on the BNSF Topeka Sub

Date: 10/11/14 11:06
Author: dgraves

Are these direct order only.

Date: 10/11/14 11:55
Author: YukonYeti

Any close up photos... They look good from afar ! 200 bills for a Rivarossi, it had best be nuts on

Date: 10/11/14 12:51
Author: nygiant

First Hobby has them for sale.

Date: 10/11/14 13:39
Author: rschonfelder

nikon1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice looking model, but quite a gap between the
> truck and frame.
> Charlie
> MPP 52.7 on the BNSF Topeka Sub

Is this some sort of a joke? Where is the photo?

rick

Date: 10/11/14 14:52
Author: nikon1

Ron, click on the Hornby link and photos will appear
Charlie
MP 52.7 on the BNSF Topeka sub

rschonfelder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nikon1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nice looking model, but quite a gap between the
> > truck and frame.
> > Charlie
> > MPP 52.7 on the BNSF Topeka Sub
>
> Is this some sort of a joke? Where is the photo?
>
>
> rick

Date: 10/11/14 17:34
Author: rswebber

I saw them at iHobby last weekend - these are NOT locomotives you think of when you hear "Rivarossi" - can't say how they run, but they looked very good.

Date: 10/11/14 17:56
Author: Chad

Good news, I am getting one of the NP units to run with my BN units. Hope these are as good as they look.

Date: 10/11/14 21:39
Author: lnrr1066

When are the L&N units (L&N direct purchase and Oro Dam Constructors 2nd hand) coming?

Date: 10/12/14 10:01
Author: np7009d

Hmmm... I'm having trouble seeing a red stripe on the NP units in Hornby's catalog pics. Paint crew out for a lunch break during the photo session?

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT

Date: 10/12/14 10:25

Looking closer at the images, I guess the red stripe is there....but just barely, which makes the Dulux gold band on the side sills look too deep in the catalog photos.

http://www.hornbyamerica.com/products/ge-u25c-northern-pacific-2515-dcc-ready

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT

Date: 10/13/14 12:16

I was at my LHS today to get some scenery material and they had the U25C's in stock. Dennis put one on the test track and all I can say is WOW. No I am no expert but these look great and sound even better. The start up is fantastic and the horn superb. I'll try and get time later this week to take some pictures and perhaps a video so you can hear it. Very impressive units.

Date: 10/13/14 16:12

A few poor quality pics of the U25C. The sounds still blows me away.

Date: 10/13/14 16:14

Couple of more

Date: 10/13/14 17:42
Author: Kemacprr

My PRR units should be here on wednesday. Looking forward to their arrival. Other than the flat handrails the NP units looks great. --- Ken

Date: 10/13/14 19:13

You know when I first looked at it at my LHS I did not even notice the flat handrails. From a foot away I can not tell either. They are very study so all in all, I'll accept the compromise. Hope you like your PRR units, I am sure you will.

Date: 10/13/14 21:44
Author: Kemacprr

Chad watch the axle bearings when the unit moves !!! ---------- Ken

Date: 10/14/14 00:06

Thanks for sharing the close-up photos. The body shell screen work looks much improved over the preproduction version we saw last year--excellent. That red stripe though, is badly anemic and needs fixing, which should be a snap with the new diesel decal set from NPRHA. The lettering on the numberboards, cab number, and road name, however, are not so easily fixed. The body lettering is all thin and spidery, and the number board numeral style and size appear off. The NPRHA provided Hornby USA with color chips and correct artwork for all the lettering a year ago, so it's a puzzle why this happened. Personally I'll be looking to scrape and re-letter mine. Unfortunately, perhaps (I had a hand in the decision), the NPRHA decal set's numberboards are opaque, not clear to allow lighting. I'll reserve judgment on the Dulux gold color until I see my model in person, but it's looking a wee bit greenish in some of your photos and in Hornby's. I do a lot of photo work on this computer so I keep it color-calibrated, but a digital exposure under fluorescent light will do that to yellows.

I think I'll be looking for a way to fill those gaps at the handrail stanchion mounting points too. I had hoped the handrails would be sized down just a bit more, but oh well--I'll sure take them over factory-warped plastic.

I hope that emergency light in the nose turns on and off separately from the headlights. The nose light should be signal red, was only used in limited situations, such as a train stopped on the main, and maybe foggy Christmas Eves.

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT

Date: 10/14/14 00:35

Here's a Geo. Elwood side view of NP 2515 for comparison.

http://rr-fallenflags.org/np/np2515.jpg

Note the robustness of the red sill stripe, and that the stanchion mounts on the side sill are painted gold and red, not black as on the model. On this paint scheme, the visual appearance of the side sill (and the cab numbering) can make or break a model.

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/14 00:36 by np7009d.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2182 seconds