Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Model Railroading > Walthers Metroliners

Date: 10/15/14 16:55
Walthers Metroliners
Author: jobrazy

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has these? I bought two - and there is an inherent problem. The clearance between the gearbox cover and the track is sooooo small, that they can't clear switch frogs!!! I think it is a combination of the small wheel size (I am imagining it is a 32" maybe) and the gear box - the clearance is just a few mm.

Pretty disappointed that they were so shortsighted in their design.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,

JB

Joel Brazy
Coatesville, PA

Date: 10/15/14 20:06
Re: Walthers Metroliners
Author: KA7008

Not having one I offer something you probably checked but just in case:

Be sure the gearbox covers are fully secured. Had a similar issue with Athearn Genesis F-units only to find the cover not seated fully.

Date: 10/15/14 22:27
Author: rschonfelder

Have you thought about a C636?

Rick

Date: 10/16/14 01:50

I will check that, hopefully that will address it. I emailed Walthers as well.

Rick, c636 and the metro liner are not even the same type of locomotive. I have both, the metro liner had the issue, but thanks for thinking of it.

J

Joel Brazy
Coatesville, PA

Date: 10/16/14 05:14
Author: nydepot

He was being sarcastic. Bowser announced the C636 has added height to handle people's bad track. They wanted the model to run over everyone's track.

Date: 10/16/14 15:44
Author: HB90MACH

I did not have that problem with my 4 Metroliners. I do have a few manufactured turnouts, but most are handlaid.

Date: 10/18/14 13:55

so it turns out that just one of my metro liners is a problem. I pulled it apart - the drive truck was not properly seated and there is flashing on the side frames that is causing the binding. in other words - this was a Friday at 4:45pm completion.....QC had gone home for the weekend.

Now it is fixed - repaired - and works fine.

JB

Joel Brazy
Coatesville, PA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0302 seconds