Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Model Railroading > Rivarossi U28C

Date: 10/19/14 14:35
Rivarossi U28C
Author: rrartist

Other than eBay, where might find these at a decent price?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/19/14 15:03
Re: Rivarossi U28C
Author: nygiant

Do you mean U25C?

Date: 10/19/14 16:14
Author: icancmp193

They just came in at Walthers this past week. Has anyone seen one yet???

Tom Y

Date: 10/19/14 16:29
Author: TCnR

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,3546039

Photos near middle of first page. The LHS test drove a sound unit for us, very good sound, good looking model.

Date: 10/19/14 19:55
Author: rschonfelder

rrartist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Other than eBay, where might find these at a
> decent price?
>
> Posted from iPhone

I understand that Rivarossi mandates a purchase of a case of eight units, one only SKU which cannot be mixed. This leaves a lot of the stockists' being hesitant to carry them and leaves it to the Distribution warehouses to acquire and separate the case lots to be supplied to the Retailer.

I think this is why you do not see relatively low prices as the margin is shared.

The best price I've seen was from Factory Direct Trains. However, he only carries the sound version ($219) as he feels he would not be able to sell non-sound enough to clear out the lot of 8 units of each SKU. Good for the guys who love sound.

Northern Pacific seems to be the one which sells out the quickest.

Rick

Rick

Date: 10/20/14 06:29
Author: nygiant

These are U25c's, not U28's

Date: 10/20/14 10:17
Author: ssloansjca

This is U25C vs U28C conversation is a bit of a nit pick because early U28Cs looked just like late U25Cs. So they will be great standins for early U28Cs. Same is true for early U28Bs.

~Steve

Date: 10/20/14 10:48
Author: TCnR

ssloansjca Wrote:
> This is U25C vs U28C conversation is a bit of a
> nit pick because early U28Cs looked just like late
> U25Cs. So they will be great standins for early
> U28Cs. Same is true for early U28Bs.
>
> ~Steve

Roger that, I'm still looking for a list of who had what and whether we call them the right thing, or something else 'cause that's what's on the box.

Date: 10/20/14 13:15
Author: binder001

TCnR Wrote:
> Roger that, I'm still looking for a list of who
> had what and whether we call them the right thing,
> or something else 'cause that's what's on the box.

If I remember correctly the Burlington was one of the roads that had early U28Cs as well as U25Cs. About the only external difference was the road number. These lasted into the early BN era, but the coal boom wore them out fast and they were out of service in the early 1980's.

Date: 10/21/14 18:13
Author: fbe

I saw two at the local hobby shop and gave them a test run and found them smooth runners. The details are nice though the compressed air coolers on the roof will need to be replaced and probably the bell as well. I will probably replace the air horn with the correct model.

Earlier phases the NP owned had louvers instead of the modeled screen behind the cab so it might be possible to backdate these models if you want a phI carbody version. Replacing the handrails with Utah Pacific or Smokey Valley stantions could give an Early U28C carbody.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.059 seconds