Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Model Railroading > MTH PA A&B problems

Date: 10/22/14 20:19
MTH PA A&B problems
Author: cabman

My Santa Fe HO DCC-ready units are probably my most beautiful plastic models. There are just two problems that I would like to correct and they both involve removing the body from the chassis. How do you get that beautiful body off? I have an intermittent scraping sound which might need lubrication and the "bonfire in the cab" needs to be extinguished or toned down. If you've had yours apart, please help me out. The "owner's manual" that came with the set is no help and doesn't have a parts/lube diagram. Going online to MTH for a complete one has proven fruitless. Thanks!

Date: 10/22/14 21:36
Re: MTH PA A&B problems
Author: ATSF100WEST

Not sure if the same, but their O Scale diesel cabs have body mounting screws under the trucks. Call Jeff Strank in service department (Maryland) at 410-381-2580, or take to your nearest MTH Authorized Service Center.

Bob

ATSF100WEST......Out

Date: 10/23/14 11:59
Re: MTH PA A&B problems
Author: cabman

I didn't find any screws near the trucks but used the old toothpick trick to spread the body from the frame and a few shakes later the loco came apart..still haven't found the cause of the intermittent scraping sound but still working on it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds