Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Model Railroading > N Scale Track Plans?

Date: 10/23/14 10:19
N Scale Track Plans?
Author: rfprr1

I have 3 N-Track modules that I want to convert to a semi-permanent home layout.
The finished size will be 2' X 11'. Anyone know of a source for track plans?

Thanks for any insight,

rfprr

Date: 10/23/14 11:59
Re: N Scale Track Plans?
Author: ddavies

Sounds like you are not gonna use whatever track is on the modules now. Two feet is too narrow for a loop, so about the only thing you can do is a point to point switching operation. Why not convert to TTrak and make a home layout on a 6/8 foot table, which could hold a loop?

Date: 10/23/14 12:16

I have room constraints so it has to be linear.
I do have loops now, 9 3/4 and 11 radius. Tight but it works.

rfprr

Date: 10/23/14 20:23
Author: kpcmcpkva

check T track web sight for ideas

Date: 10/23/14 21:39
Author: ddavies

This is a link for No VA TTrak at the TTrak site. Pick any show from the list that we have done, click and you will get a diagram of the show layout. You will be able to enlarge it to study the track plan of each TTrak module in the layout. http://ttrak.wikidot.com/northern-virginia-ntrak-t-trak-division

Date: 10/24/14 16:22

Thanks. I had never heard of T Track before.

rfprr

Date: 10/24/14 18:59
Author: kpcmcpkva

concentric loops of your two different radius at each end would give you approx. 7 ft plus of 4 track main line in the middle. think heavy traffic PRR, NYC, NH etc. Passenger, commuter, on the outside loop, freights on the inside loop. hiding the rear two tracks of the layout, with at least one through passing/ layover track on each hidden track would allow variation of trains passing through the front visible trackage which would thus appear to be a more common two track mainline line.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds