Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Model Railroading > Union Pacific in the Tehachapis

Date: 10/29/14 09:41
Union Pacific in the Tehachapis
Author: bnsfmodeler

Union Pacific in the Tehachapis

See it on You Tube key words Union Pacific Tehachapi

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC8GLX-uREY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/14 09:42 by bnsfmodeler.

Date: 10/29/14 09:43
Re: Union Pacific in the Tehachapis
Author: bnsfmodeler

more

Date: 10/29/14 10:29
Author: PHall

I don't see Rusty chasing off railfans at the loop!

Date: 10/29/14 14:07
Author: Harlock

Apparently Rusty is gone now. I have to ride along side the tracks for a few hundred feet to access a mountain bike trail in Golden Hills and no one's had any troubles lately.

Are these photos of the San Diego club in Balboa Park? I see they've gone for ultra realism with the car graffiti. Nice.

-M

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/14 14:08 by Harlock.

Date: 10/29/14 16:09
Author: 2720

Harlock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apparently Rusty is gone now. I have to ride
> along side the tracks for a few hundred feet to
> access a mountain bike trail in Golden Hills and
> no one's had any troubles lately.
>
> Are these photos of the San Diego club in Balboa
> Park? I see they've gone for ultra realism with
> the car graffiti. Nice.
>
> -M

La Mesa club!! The San Diego club has the SD&A layout
across the aisle!

Mike

Date: 10/29/14 18:25
Author: Fizzboy7

Wow, that is one good-looking train! So nice to see someone take the time to reproduce what is actually seen on the rails today. Thanks for your efforts!

Date: 10/29/14 20:25
Author: SWChief

Love that layout! In fact I like all 5 layouts down there, even the 3 rail O gauge. I took the day off last Friday and went down to see the layouts.

The upstairs / loop is coming along very nicely. They (the La Mesa Club) were running some nice trains that day - SP T-motors and SD45's, ATSF consists, and later some older stuff, including black widows and a Daylight too. It made me put my Daylight (13 car MTH) on my layout when I got home. One of the operators was one of the original founding members of the club (formed well before they got into the Balboa Park), he was just a teenager when the club was formed. One of the other operators was a club member who lives in NYC - his work brings him into LA at times, so he uses the trips to come down to the club. They've got some really nice members, I have yet to meet a member of that club who I didn't think the same about.

I heard that this coming weekend they will be running TO operations Sat, Sun, and Mon. If you are ever even near San Diego, it behooves you to make a visit to the MR Museum in Balboa Park to see the five wonderful layouts there. You won't regret it.

Enjoy the hobby!

Greg

Date: 10/29/14 20:48
Author: DKay

Outstanding.I flew down to SD today especially to see the layout.I haven't seen it since 2004.regards,DK

Date: 10/30/14 08:37
Author: winstonhill

SWChief wrote:

I heard that this coming weekend they will be running TO operations Sat, Sun, and Mon. If you are ever even near San Diego, it behooves you to make a visit to the MR Museum in Balboa Park to see the five wonderful layouts there. You won't regret it.

If you do, come on Saturday or Sunday. The museum is closed on Mondays. We'll be continuing the TimeTable&TrainOrder op session on Monday, but I imagine it will be through the back door, and there's a construction project going on out there (constructing a garden railway!), so access will be problematic...

Winston Hill

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0505 seconds