Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Model Railroading > shapeway crecent cab and the sd60

Date: 10/30/14 10:22
shapeway crecent cab and the sd60
Author: hotmetal-train

I just received my shape way order and wow i have 3 projects to do. the cabs look good and will need a lot of work. I wanted to see if anyone else have started or completed the SD60E units and if you could pass on pics or some guidance on building these units.

thanks
Jeff

Date: 10/30/14 12:08
Re: shapeway crecent cab and the sd60
Author: bwyrick

Check out NSModeler24 on Youtube. He and his dad have built an amazing HO scale NS layout, and he's done many videos showing custom NS kitbashes, including some how-tos. I know he's done at least a couple SD60Es, having sold one of his versions of 6920, as well as some of the Dash 8.5s. I don't know for sure if he's done a how-to for the SD60Es yet, but I think he had one planned.

Date: 10/30/14 12:50
Author: NSTopHat

Jeff;

Who is the designer? There are a couple of different designers who offer both cab designs, and some are better than others.

Regards,
Russ

Date: 10/30/14 13:35
Author: hotmetal-train

this is the info:

HO Scale Models by Jody G.
Designs by odiejlg

Date: 10/30/14 18:36
Author: bioyans

Wish somebody would offer a proper NS Dash-9 cab as an aftermarket piece to fit the Athearn body. Athearn Blue Box cabs are tough to come by, and there has got to be a better alternative to hacking up a Kato body just to hijack the cab and adapt it to fit an Athearn model.

Date: 10/31/14 14:15
Author: dh1205

NSTopHat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jeff;
>
> Who is the designer? There are a couple of
> different designers who offer both cab designs,
> and some are better than others.
>
> Regards,
> Russ

Do you know what cabs are the good ones?

Alec

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/31/14 14:57
Author: brfriedm

I know the MTH name kicks off emotions for many but MTH is doing the HO NS C40-9W's with correct cabs and I know someone that has seen them and they stated they are quite good. Only time will tell.

Check out this catalog and see page 31. I do not think these are the real MTH HO models in the catalog. They have posted preproduction shots of the ATSF one already. Below.

Due in February. and they come DCC ready also so put in the decoder or sound of your choice!

http://www.mthtrains.com/sites/default/files/catalog_files/2014_ho_v_1/index.html

Bruce

bioyans Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wish somebody would offer a proper NS Dash-9 cab
> as an aftermarket piece to fit the Athearn body.
> Athearn Blue Box cabs are tough to come by, and
> there has got to be a better alternative to
> hacking up a Kato body just to hijack the cab and
> adapt it to fit an Athearn model.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0445 seconds