Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Model Railroading > Korea Brass U25C

Date: 02/27/15 13:30
Korea Brass U25C
Author: fbe

I hear it is due in a couple of weeks, mail order direct from Korea?

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 02/27/15 22:16
Re: Korea Brass U25C
Author: steeplecab

I saw something a month or more ago. It related to the company trying to sell them direct. Their problem was the language barrier. It was pretty unclear what was actually going on and how one might be able to connect with them. They've done some real nice work in the past and I'd like to see these if they can find a way to retail them. Let us know if you hear more!
steeplecab

Date: 02/27/15 23:37
Author: funnelfan

Not sure how they can compete with the first class product that Rivarossi delivered?

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 02/28/15 00:26
Author: rschonfelder

funnelfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not sure how they can compete with the first class
> product that Rivarossi delivered?

Given that you are from NP territory, do you feel the NP yellow was correct on the Rivarossi? also, the red stripe is said to be a little too narrow. The CB&Q gray was wrong as they used the gray from the F units.

I have one NP from Rivarossi and wanted to purchase the next phase release (or maybe the U28C) they intend to do whereby they said they would use the NP Historical Society colour standard. Now with the KB U25C, it will be worth a look as well because their colours look correct on both the NP and CB&Q.

For years I have wanted the U25C and now am spoiled for choice with two products to chose from.

Rick

Rick

Date: 02/28/15 07:48

Steeplecab,

There is something from modelrailroadnews.com I am told.

Date: 02/28/15 09:52
Author: CPR_4000

Apparently, complete pilot models of this locomotive were shown a couple of years ago, but it has yet to be released? Odd.

Date: 02/28/15 21:50
Author: Kemacprr

I saw running samples at the April 2014 Timonium Md show. They had complete body shells . Only thing missing at that time was a sound decoder. ------------Ken

Date: 03/01/15 19:17
Author: navarch2

The current issue (March) of Model Railroad News, has the address in the article for where to send orders, and lists the first four available roadnames or so.

Bob

Date: 03/02/15 06:48
Author: steeplecab

Unfortunately, modelers who read MRN are not going to be enough to make this project worthwhile for them. I know I don't subscribe, and I don't know of anyone else who does. I suspect KBR has killed their link to the American market by losing Mr. Wendt over a few dollars of "retirement" pay.
steeplecab

Date: 03/02/15 10:19

Warranty work and repairs will be problematic if these involve returning the models to Korea for repairs shipping times and costs might make it a losing proposition.

You would think KB would find a better way to get the word out for a product this close to launch. I wonder why they don't work out a deal with one of their established contacts like BLI?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0498 seconds