Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Model Railroading > More digital trickery

Date: 03/02/15 20:50
More digital trickery
Author: pmack

In the interest of having a clean conscience, here is a blatant example of my careful camera placement and digital trickery. This photo is mostly as it came from the camera but I did add a few layers of atmosphere in Photoshop Elements. I was inspired by photo 493138 on Railpictures. I'm not sure how the RP photo was lit, the background lighting seems strange. In my photo I imagined early morning as the fog is burning off and the sky is that gorgeous pinkish orangeish color it gets sometimes. And there happened to be a train with its headlight on. How convenient for me.

Date: 03/02/15 20:54
Re: More digital trickery
Author: pmack

Here you can see the same scene from a slightly higher vantage. You can also see my 'sky' and how I lit it as well as the general disaster area that is my garage. You can see the unsceniced parts of my freemo modules have another not train related project spread out all over them. That is what I should be working on now so off I go.

Date: 03/03/15 03:41
Author: NSTopHat

Very cool image Paul! Love the Mijack crane.

Everything is AWESOME!

Russ

Posted from Android

Date: 03/03/15 06:00
Author: SeaboardMan

That is a very, very well thought out and executed photo. Shot in vertices format it would be a shoo in for a magazine cover. I like it!
John

Date: 03/03/15 09:25
Author: warrenpweiss

Beautifully done, as most of your work is. Well, on second thought, this one really stands out like no other model railroad photo that I've seen. Thanks for sharing it.

Warren

Date: 03/03/15 13:51
Author: retcsxcfm

NSTopHat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very cool image Paul!

Love the Mijack crane.

Made of Legos no less!

Uncle Joe,Seffner,Fl.

>
> Everything is AWESOME!
>
> Russ
>
> Posted from Android

Date: 03/03/15 14:39
Author: wabash2800

Yes, very, very nicely composed and executed but am not in agreement on the pink sky--volcano ash?

Date: 03/03/15 17:59
Author: M-420

wabash2800 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, very, very nicely composed and executed but
> am not in agreement on the pink sky--volcano ash?

If you are thinking Mt St Helens - Maybe, IF that was a GP30.
The GP30E's (like 2753) though were way after the St Helens quake.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0465 seconds