Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Model Railroading > Letting go of "Memories" ...

Date: 03/03/15 16:56
Letting go of "Memories" ...
Author: KeyRouteKen

I attended the big Train show in Monroe, WA this past Saturday. Decided to part with some very old items from my grandfather's basement..

Photos 1 & 2 2 1/2-inch gauge Central Pacific "Harriman" coach.

Photo 3. Water tank from our old Roundhouse that was used for 30 years to fuel many hungry locos.

Date: 03/03/15 17:04
Re: Letting go of "Memories" ...

Photo 4. Steel girder bridge in front of the Telltale.

Photos 5 & 6. Stationary engines built personally for "ME" when I was SIX years old.

Everything sold out FAST almost two hours before the Show opened to the Public.
YES, hard to let go-- but what was I going to do with the stuff now ?

I am keeping his SP 2422 P-4, built in 1929. The SP Caboose built in 1925 and the SP Hopper car built around 1932. I have about twelve feet of his brass rail and a pair of metal Palm trees that I think he got from the GGIE on Treasure Island. They are very detailed. See, even Vic had Palm trees on his layout like the SP.

Cheers.

KRK

Date: 03/03/15 19:17
Author: calsubd

I'm kind of leaning toward your way of thinking, ,that is selective retiring equipment to a new owner so it doesn't get trashed, if

I read you right ?, enjoy your retirement, I am mine !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 03/03/15 19:18
Author: rschonfelder

You've spread the good name of your Grandfather around by selling a little part of your (his) collection. That is a good thing for all concerned.

Rick

Date: 03/03/15 19:40

calsubd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm kind of leaning toward your way of thinking,
> ,that is selective retiring equipment to a new
> owner so it doesn't get trashed, if
>
> I read you right ?, enjoy your retirement, I am
> mine !

Hi Ed-- You read me right.. I didn't want to throw these things out !! The locomotive and caboose I kept are the same ones shown in photo here:

"The famous SP window display at company headquarters @ 65-Market Street, San Francisco.
The year is 1937. SP 4-6-2 # 2422 is at the headend of a short freight consist.
The locomotive was built in 1929 and is currently 86 years old. The SP Caboose was built in 1925 and is currently 88 years old. They both reside today in KRK's home along with Vic's SP hopper car ! I don't know whatever happened to the box cars shown in the SP window display!"

KRK

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0515 seconds