Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Model Railroading > Genesis or RTR

Date: 03/05/15 00:36
Genesis or RTR
Author: SD40T-2

Man, I hate to be critical of Athearn, because they've done SO MUCH good stuff lately, especially in the Genesis line. But do you guys think the February 27th announcement of the UP Turbines should be in the Genesis line? After carefully looking at the PDFs, the detail proposed for just about all areas under the car-body (beneath the lower red stripe) looks way too simplified and severely lacking. I really hope this is just a not-fully-completed drawing, and further essential details to make this Genesis-level will be in the making. I sure hope this is not an indicator of things to come in the Genesis line. Maybe they meant this to be in the RTR line?

Cheers. Mark

Date: 03/05/15 01:53
Re: Genesis or RTR
Author: Notch16

Not to worry. The illustrations in the PDFs are basically diagrams. Look further down the list, and open the SDP45 illustrations. You'll see a similar lack of detail below the frame line, which is clearly not representative of the high level of detail on the actual models in prior releases of Genesis SDPs.

~ BZ

Date: 03/05/15 04:38
Re: Genesis or RTR
Author: EH49

When they were released a few years ago, they were in the RTR line.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0695 seconds