Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Model Railroading > HO Scale Mine Trucks

Date: 03/05/15 10:03
HO Scale Mine Trucks
Author: TamaquaTim

Looking for 2 HO scale Mine Trucks called UKES hear in the coal regions of PA. Who carries them and I would appreciate their name and web site information. I saw a few at the West Springfield, Ma. show in January but they were not for sale.
Thanks, TT.

Date: 03/05/15 10:16
Re: HO Scale Mine Trucks
Author: NSTopHat

Contact Dan Goins at Zycon Models. He is one of the leading retailers of HO scale vehicles. Unfortunately Truck Stop models has recently closed.

Russ

Date: 03/05/15 10:18
Author: nygiant

Norscot makes a medium size Cat rear dump which are well detailed. Check the site, 1-87 vehicle club as well.
The Ukes are short for Euclid which is out of business.

Date: 03/05/15 10:50
Author: chessiegp39

Kibri has a mine truck kit this an Euclid. You can fine it on the "Bay". Also on the "bay" look under Resin in HO scale. There is a dealer from Poland that has custom made Eucs. They are pricy but gorgeous. The guy is trust worthy as I have purchased 3 different models from him. Or as the previous post says contact Dan at Zycon Models. Great guy and a personal acquaintance of mine. He can help you out too.

James

Date: 03/05/15 12:17
Author: dropframe

On EBay there are three resin built 1/87 scale Euclid mine trucks. Euclid models A-464, R-25 and R-50.

Under search type in "1:87 Euclid".

Cheers,
Larry

Date: 03/05/15 18:47

These look good on e-bay. Thanks for the tip.
TT

Date: 03/05/15 21:18
Author: greasemonkey

Just a couple quick notes on the above comments. Euclid has not actually gone out of business. They have been bought out, and as such, now wear Hitachi Orange paint. Don't let that fool you though, they are still Euclids, built in the same factory, and mostly from the same designs, just a bit of updating over the past few years gas done. Another point, the trucks from Kibri and Walthers are actually Terex trucks, not Euclids.

The Eucilds on Ebay from Romania are nice models. He does nice work, and he can definitely be trusted. I have dealt with him several times before, and will happily do it again in a heartbeat.

Date: 03/05/15 23:37
Author: BrianK

Couple more expensive options for mining trucks.

http://www.diecastmodels.co/department/mining/shopby/1_87/

Cheers,
Brian

Date: 03/06/15 00:03
Author: funnelfan

Brian, the P&H mining shovel would make a great centerpiece to a excellent mining scene. I could imagine a loop of track at the end of the layout circling a open pit mine. That huge shovel right in the middle removing overburden into haul trucks. A exposed bench of coal exposed underneath being hauled away by smaller machinery to a truck dump feeding a conveyor to a Walthers Silo Flood loader.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 03/08/15 18:01

Brian K,
Outstanding model that I will order soon. Have you dealt with this Company previous? Very good detail and the color is good. Thanks, for the recommendation.
TT

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0453 seconds