Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Model Railroading > HO scale FL9 - Final Order Deadline

Date: 03/05/15 12:29
HO scale FL9 - Final Order Deadline
Author: rapidotrains

Hi guys,

The final order deadline for the HO scale FL9 locomotives is Monday. We start production next week.

Please order yours from your dealer or direct from:

http://www.rapidotrains.com/fl9_ho.html

We don't make extra inventory, so whatever we have ordered next week is what we are making.

Pre-production photo below.

Thanks,

Jason

Date: 03/05/15 12:48
Re: HO scale FL9 - Final Order Deadline
Author: Notch16

Paris Hilton would say "That's hot."

I have always lived at least 3000 miles away from ever having seen a real one, and still I want one of these. You done real good, Rapido!

~ BZ

Date: 03/05/15 13:04
Author: bioyans

Oh my ... I'm not a New Haven fan, but that is a gorgeous model.

My dad has wanted a HO FL9 for years. When he was in the Navy, he used to commute on the New Haven when going back to Newport and fondly remembers the McGinnis era. He also sold his American Flyer New Haven "Jet" and cars to buy my first HO scale trains as a kid. He tried building a FL9 years ago, but wasn't happy with the results.

He just turned 70, and has two of these on order. He is very much looking forward to them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/15 13:46 by bioyans.

Date: 03/05/15 13:58
Author: wabash2800

McGinnis came up with a nifty scheme (but I didn't like the B&M version) even if he did go to jail...<G>

Date: 03/05/15 14:11
Author: CPR_4000

I think it was the missus, not Pat himself, who designed the color schemes. Herbert Matter designed the NH logo.

Date: 03/05/15 14:18
Author: toledopatch

CPR_4000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it was the missus, not Pat himself, who
> designed the color schemes. Herbert Matter
> designed the NH logo.

According to various railroad histories, Mrs. McGinnis was well-compensated for her design work on the modernized New Haven and Boston & Maine color schemes.

Date: 03/05/15 15:25
Author: CPR_4000

Well of course! We couldn't expect the poor thing to do it out of the goodness of her heart.

Date: 03/05/15 18:55
Author: kpcmcpkva

both were head turning use of color on equipment that at least said "Look at ME!! Just what Kodachrome was made for.

Thanks Rapido!! How soon will the N scale units be following??? I'm still looking for an N scale EP5

Date: 03/06/15 10:07
Author: rapidotrains

kpcmcpkva Wrote:
> both were head turning use of color on equipment
> that at least said "Look at ME!! Just what
> Kodachrome was made for.
>
> Thanks Rapido!! How soon will the N scale units
> be following??? I'm still looking for an N scale
> EP5

We want to make sure the N scale units work properly before we close the order desk. We don't want any issues like we had on the GMD-1.

Hopefully that will be in the next couple of months.

-Jason

Date: 03/06/15 10:26
Author: railwaybaron

I would have felt worse if she got paid and her NH paint scheme was awful. As it turned out, it is in my opinion, the second best diesel scheme ever--second next to Santa Fe's warbonnet. So, I'll give her a pass.

Date: 03/06/15 16:46
Author: Ray_Murphy

CPR_4000 Wrote:
> I think it was the missus, not Pat himself, who
> designed the color schemes. Herbert Matter
> designed the NH logo.

Lucille McGinnis was an interior decorator who got the New Haven to hire Knoll Associates for the corporate image redesign program. Herbert Matter was a lead designer with Knoll, and is credited for the logo, but many Knoll associates contributed to the effort. The first use of the new image was on the EP-5 electric locomotives. Two were painted, one in black, white and yellow, the other in black, white and red-orange. Lucille McGinnis picked the red-orange one to go forward with.

Ray

Date: 03/07/15 04:34
Author: navarch2

...my pair are ordered, albeit in a less vivid color :)

Bob

Date: 03/07/15 16:16
Author: chs7-321

Just placed a pre-order today (my second one ever!) for one of the early New Haven as-built DC versions with my local hobby shop (Lin's Junction of Lansdale, PA).

Jason, what would be a realistic expectation for the timing of the delivery of these??

P.S. I'm a few day late with this, but...Chag Purim Sameach!! (hopefully this makes sense in past tense). Hope your kids had a blast!! :)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0891 seconds