Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Model Railroading > Paasche VL packing and nut set removal

Date: 03/05/15 21:06
Paasche VL packing and nut set removal
Author: fbe

These pieces are #19 on the diagram with part ID of MU 612. These are in the body of the brush ahead of control button. The packing supports the needle on the way to the tip. Mine has swollen and I can no longer move the needle to control paint flow with the button. It is only 30 years old now.

I have a new part on order but I cannot remove the plastic packing after I got the nut out. I have the body soaking in alcohol overnight to maybe loosen things up.

Does anyone have any idea about getting the packing out?

Thanks.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/15 21:10 by fbe.

Date: 03/06/15 04:15
Re: Paasche VL packing and nut set removal
Author: BNModeler

A very small flathead screwdriver.
To open the slots on the packing nut try scraping the paint out with a small knife.
I know the nut well. iIf the alcohol doesn't work try acetone which would mean that you might also have to replace the rubber 'O" ring in the air valve.
Good Luck.

Date: 03/06/15 05:21
Author: video7105

I just replaced the same about 2 weeks ago. Just replace the O-ring and the retainer nut.

I got my O-Ring out with a very small flat mini screwdriver. The nut, I use a bigger mini flat screwdriver, it didn't come out easy. But keep at it, soaking it Alcohol will be good thing to do.

I was just telling my wife this morning, after replacing them, I almost had forgotten how good the brush was.

Sure is nice not having the paint seeping behind that O-ring into the trigger area

Dave
Mount Joy, PA

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/15 05:29 by video7105.

Date: 03/06/15 10:22
Author: fbe

Paasche says bend a hook in a needle then pull the packing out with that. I think I have a couple of dental picks which work as well.

Thanks to all for the help.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0479 seconds