Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Model Railroading > Agony to Ecstasy!

Date: 03/24/15 15:31
Agony to Ecstasy!
Author: markloos

Ordered & received a Bowser DS-4-4-1000.  The Walthers description said " BaldwinDS-4-4-1000  Tsunami  Sound & DCC – Executive Line – Western Maryland #134"    I have a number of Tsunami equipped engines,and I like them, so I bought one.  It came in – brand new in the sealed box with Tsunami  logo right on the box.   Like most of us that need instant gratification, I pulled it out of the box, set the box and inserts aside and placed it on the track.  Selected engine number 134 and went to speed step 1 (normal Tsunami start up) and…NOTHING.  Selected loco #3 (just in case) again NOTHING.  AGONY!   Tried it again several different ways –still nothing.   Figured I might as wellpack it up and send it in for repair…. And then something strange happened.  I accidentally hit F8 and the engine roared to life with the most beautiful sound you can imagine!   ECSTASY!!  I hit F8 again and shutdown proceeded. It then occurred to me!  This is an ESU Loksound decoder!  Dug out the enclosed inserts, and sure enough they all describe the Loksound .  Lesson?  Read the inserts no matter what the box says.  The sound is beautiful and the slow speed operation is incredible! Two pics and a quick video attached.
Cheers!  Mark  <><

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/24/15 19:41
Re: Agony to Ecstasy!
Author: Bleman

I have an S12 and I the sound to be the best ESU is great..

Date: 03/24/15 21:59
Re: Agony to Ecstasy!
Author: SD40T-2

Wow... That's awesome!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1649 seconds