Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Model Railroading > N Scale Kato Unitrak Question

Date: 03/29/15 16:02
N Scale Kato Unitrak Question
Author: dheider123

I built a small RR for my grandson using N Scale Kato Unitrak. It is powered by DC. How do I make the #6 switches non-power routing? Would the procedure be similar to Peco Electro frog track. Any help would be appreciated.

Date: 03/29/15 18:03
Re: N Scale Kato Unitrak Question
Author: northridgeswitcher

I have been a Unitrack user in N for quite awhile, my suggestion would be to leave the switches as is but use the KA-24-816 installed Unijoniers to isolate the sides of the switch (I assume that would be the diverging route) you want to create a separate power block for (since you said you are DC).

Hope this helps...

Northridge Switcher

Date: 03/30/15 08:45
Author: PLERR

Another option would be to use a #4 turnout. Both power routing and frogs can be changed with the turn of a screw. No idea why Kato didn't build that option into the #6...

Date: 03/30/15 16:57
Author: northridgeswitcher

The original #4 did not have it either but due to reliability issues when Kato re-did the #4 a few years back they added the power-routing feature.

Since their long range plan is to offer more Unitrack products there might be a chance that the #6 will get the change also.

Northridge Switcher

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds