Home Open Account Help 386 users online

Model Railroading > On the modeling bench

Date: 03/30/15 18:34
On the modeling bench
Author: jobrazy

• Just finishing this ITLA (Imagine That Laser Art) warehouse kit - lots of details and weathering, the IPhone photos don't show it that well. LED lighted, Pennsy Miller engineering sign on top, ready for the layout tomorrow!
ITLA makes great kits! Highly recommended. 

Joel Brazy
Coatesville, PA

Date: 03/30/15 18:37
Re: On the modeling bench
Author: superchief73

Oh my that is really nice modeling! Very nice!

Javier Cervantes
Castle Rock , CO

Date: 03/30/15 22:12
Author: rschonfelder

I love those signs and lights in the warehouse windows.  Try and put up a photo when it is on your layout.

Rick

Date: 03/30/15 23:19
Author: ChrisCampi

That's  pretty cool Joel. Let's see it when you get it set on the layout please.

Chris

Date: 03/31/15 05:04
Author: ghemr

Yes, show more photos when it's on the layout! I know it will look even better!!

Date: 03/31/15 05:38
Author: RFandPFan

Really nice Joel, how far does it stick out from the wall or is it a full building model?  What kind of LED lighting did you use?

Great work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/15 05:40 by RFandPFan.

Date: 03/31/15 07:32
Author: Frank30

Regarding the Pennsylvania RR Sign on the roof of the building and the complete line of Miller Engineering signs for that matter: the method of
illumination is "electro-luminescence"...similar to those green flat night lights...but carried out to the nth degree.  The signs are about 1/64" thick
and generate no heat.  They are relatively inexpensive (that PRR retailing for $49)  and run on 4.5 v.dc.  After selling this product line for about
10 years, I've heard all the questions about how they work. LED technology is so popular now, that if it isn't an incandescent lamp, it MUST BE
an LED!

To save you a trip to the Websters book, the definition of electroluminescence is:  the direct conversion of electric energy to light by a solid phosphor
subjected to an alternating electric field. Aren't you glad you asked?

Those signs are absolutely spectacular and they mimic the real signs to an incredible degree, case in point: the CITGO sign behind the green monster
at Boston's Fenway Park.  More information available at Miller Engineering's website: www.microstru.com   Warning: they are addictive!

Sorry I got carried away, the building shown above DOES look great, especially under that nice sign!

Frank30 (Boston)

Date: 03/31/15 11:14
Author: Casselton

Really great job.  Interior lighting makes a huge difference.   Please post more photos.

Date: 03/31/15 11:41
Author: boejoe

I like how some windows have fans, some panes are broken and one window is boarded up.  Nice attention to details...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0397 seconds