Home Open Account Help 286 users online

Model Railroading > LokSound Programming issue

Date: 04/16/15 14:31
LokSound Programming issue
Author: DieselDoc

I just started using the programmer to work on their select direct decoders. My first project worked perfectly and came out really nice. Now on my second attempt I'm getting
a "the detected decoder is not supported" message when trying to read it. Anybody else have any issues like this?

Date: 04/16/15 19:46
Re: LokSound Programming issue
Author: emd_mrs1

I had this difficulty on our club's programming computer using the LOK Programmer software on a new-run CP Bowser DRS4-4-1500 and a new-run C628 in the D&H/NdeM scheme.

A quick update from the internet corrected the matter.

Michael

Date: 04/16/15 22:37
Author: barrydraper

Like Michael said, you need to keep your LokProgrammer software up to ddate.  If you installed it from a CD you need to go to the ESU website and update to the current version.

Barry Draper

Date: 04/17/15 12:22
Author: RioGrandeFan

First download version 4.4.17 of the LokProgrammer software ( http://www.esu.eu/en/downloads/software/lokprogrammer/ ) and install it. Open the sound file, then before trying to write the sound to the decoder, go up to the Tools menu and choose 'Update decoder firmware'. Once that is done, try writing the sound to the decoder.  

Lee Ryan - Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

Date: 04/17/15 12:40
Author: DieselDoc

Thanks all. I do have 4.4.17 installed. I tried to 'read' it using DecoderPro and both common pads on the side, next to the AUX 4 pad, burnt up literally....
I had 680 ohm resistors for single bulb mars lights (ATSF FP45, red & white) hooked up to each. Now I've got another decoder in it but I'm
waiting to hear back from Loksound tech support before hooking up the mars lights.....

Date: 04/17/15 20:51
Author: KA7008

I had a USB adapter that came with my original loksound programmer. I could program CVs on Loksound selects just fine.  When I tried to upload a full sound install, it wouldn't work.  I forget the error but I had to purchase a different USB to serial adapter with a FTDI "chipset".  Works great now.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0286 seconds