Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Model Railroading > Mystery Missing Part- ATSF FP45

Date: 04/18/15 20:54
Mystery Missing Part- ATSF FP45
Author: SantaFe9820

Hi all- I recently purchased this gorgeous FP45 not knowing there were a few parts missing, because the pictures with the advertisement were poorly lit and I didn't pay close enough attention. Learned my lesson! Among the missing parts are the conductor's side windshield glass, the engineer's side MU cable array, and a small mystery piece near the pipe on the roof of the cab (see the little grey dot on the roof and a grey spot where the piece leaned against the pipe).  What was this? Maybe a firecracker antenna? Any help is appreciated

P.S. If anyone wants to buy this for $120, PM me. I don't know if its DC or DCC, sound or non-sound. Sadly I'm a collector not a runner and have no way of knowing any of this. I understand ads are frowned upon but that's not what this post is meant to be, I'm just throwing it out there. If this isn't allowed, let me know and I'll delete it.

Thanks!

Link

Date: 04/19/15 03:37
Re: Mystery Missing Part- ATSF FP45
Author: atsf5701

Questions about your model:

1) HO, N or O gauge?
2) Manufacturer?
3) It would be helpful to also have a photo of the end panel of the box, showing the manufacturer's product number, etc.

Date: 04/19/15 05:15
Author: sd39u

Judging by the pictures...I don't think you got shelled by a bad guy selling damaged stuff on E-Bay...looks like typical box wear stuff on the roof coming in contact with the packaging during shipping.  I'd be willing to bet your cab window is sitting inside the locomotive.

Eric

Date: 04/19/15 08:33
Author: SantaFe9820

I definitely don't think I got scammed. the pictures were all there, I just didn't pay close enough attention to them to see the damage. The model is an HO scale Athearn Genesis model, sorry I didn't clarify

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/19/15 09:42
Author: funnelfan

What you missing is a pipe bracket/holder, can be replaced with a DA eye bolt. I would also suggest some DW sinclair antennas to replace the damaged ones.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds